Help needed: my Fukien Tea Bonsai

Lesmxl

Seed
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am in need of some advice about my fukien tea bonsai. I acquired it early April and it wasn't in the best shape leaving the nursery, but once it dropped all of its leaves due to the new adjustment, I was able to get it to grow back beautifully. However at some point the leaves began to turn black, dry out, and fall off. This happened shortly after a watering, worried I may have watered a day late. Since then, only the bottom leaves are sprouting and look healthy, but it's not growing anything at the top. I've scratched the bark and it's still green and the tree itself is still firm. I should mention that I have it under a grow light and fertilize it regularly. What am I missing? How do I get this guy thriving again?

Any help is appreciated and thanks for your time!

Bnana

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
DON'T SCRATCH TREES! You're creating wounds on a week tree for nothing.

Without photos of the tree and soil is hard to say. Could be over or under watering, poor location or something else.

Kullas

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hi everyone,

I am in need of some advice about my fukien tea bonsai. I acquired it early April and it wasn't in the best shape leaving the nursery, but once it dropped all of its leaves due to the new adjustment, I was able to get it to grow back beautifully. However at some point the leaves began to turn black, dry out, and fall off. This happened shortly after a watering, worried I may have watered a day late. Since then, only the bottom leaves are sprouting and look healthy, but it's not growing anything at the top. I've scratched the bark and it's still green and the tree itself is still firm. I should mention that I have it under a grow light and fertilize it regularly. What am I missing? How do I get this guy thriving again?

Any help is appreciated and thanks for your time!
Fukien tea to me is a tree that dont like alot of change. I move mine to another spot and it gets grumpy. So I leave it alone. How much sun is it getting?
If ya don't mind, fill out your location so we know what climate you are in and we can have a better idea of what the tree is growing in.

Top Bottom