Help rain trees having leaves turn white and dray out

88mkiii

Sapling
Reaction score
my Brazilian rain tree pre bonsai which i grow in doors under grow lights are starting to get some leaves turn white and dry up and fall off can any one help?

100_4719.jpg100_4719.jpg

88mkiii

Sapling
Reaction score
ya thay are ive grown then from seeds the big ones 5 months old and the small ones 3 months old they just havent taken shape yet

100_4720.jpg

88mkiii

Sapling
Reaction score
i still have some seeds, befor i grew them i compared the seeds i got with photos on the net, the trees open and close there leaves just like rain trees, but besides that back to the main topic,

any advice about the issue im having?

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
i still have some seeds, befor i grew them i compared the seeds i got with photos on the net, the trees open and close there leaves just like rain trees, but besides that back to the main topic,

any advice about the issue im having?

How wet are you keeping the soil?

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Not sure about the problem but I agree, that doesn't look like BRT.

Can't you put it outside?

88mkiii

Sapling
Reaction score
moist but not wet the same moisture level ive had them at the hole time ive been growing them

88mkiii

Sapling
Reaction score
and their like most plants that have large leaves when they are young and they get smaller as the tree does, the only young tree ive got that started out with small leave is this Texas Honey Mesquite tree i picked from the wild 6 months back, but i think its already a year old but showing some promise. never seen any one do one befor

100_4723.jpg

100_4725.jpg

100_4724.jpg

100_4726.jpg

88mkiii

Sapling
Reaction score
thats nice i knew they had potential for bonsai, but back to brt

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
thats nice i knew they had potential for bonsai, but back to brt

......well then. What kind of soil are you keeping them in? Could be holding too much water, but we need more information.

88mkiii

Sapling
Reaction score
its a home made mix of sand, coconut substrata and mer grow garden soil. ive maintained the same watering schedule since sprouting, nothing has changed. the lights its grown under is a combination of red and blue leds incandescent grow lights and high luminous florescent. it works so well sick plants from outside bounce back in a few days in it and some times plants grown in it dont always re adapt to sun light so well. i also control humidity and temp carefully to so i cant figure what the prob is

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Do the leaves close up at night? The bark and leaves seem not like BRT. Here are picks of one of mine. image.jpgimage.jpg

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Is this happening on older leaves? Newer leaves? All of them? Tell us about how much/often you fertilize and what kind of fertilizer. And what is "mer grow", do you mean miracle gro potting soil?

Looks to me like root stress or some kind of nutrient deficiency or excess, but I have no experience with this particular species.

Chris

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I realize that. I have a texas ebony that does this as well. But if it does not its not a BRT.just trying to narrow down the possibilities. Mesquite and honey locust looks like this as well. They don't close their leaves at night.

Last edited:

88mkiii

Sapling
Reaction score
yes they close at night and when they have had enought light for the day and its some of the older leavs and some younger ones but ita mostly only on one side of the tree

Top Bottom