How long to know if a broken branch has died?

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I always watered heavily before wiring. Mentally thinking the tree branches would have more wiggle ability with greater fluids in place. It was probably just my active imagination.
Interesting. On deciduous plants I always wire before watering so branches are not so turgid.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
If it lives it will always be short of where you wanted it in the first place. I always put a single loop of wire at that location because I always forget why it's misplaced and reach for it to make it right. The little ring reminds me of past transgressions. Unlike a broken bone, that crack will always be a weak point for whatever reason it was in the first instance. The second time you break it you'll be pissed at yourself.

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
If it lives it will always be short of where you wanted it in the first place. I always put a single loop of wire at that location because I always forget why it's misplaced and reach for it to make it right. The little ring reminds me of past transgressions. Unlike a broken bone, that crack will always be a weak point for whatever reason it was in the first instance. The second time you break it you'll be pissed at yourself.
No. I'll be pissed at the tree. All I did was twist the hell out of it to move it only 180 degrees from where it was.
JBPs are supposed to be tough.
It won't be short of the intended position because I didn't let up til it was all the way.
When I bare root repot it tomorrow, just for the hell of it I think I'll see if the branch will spin like a whirligig.

😁

Naaahhhh..... I ain't doin nothin but water and fertilize for a long long time. I got lucky I think.

Top Bottom