How to ask a good question about a tree

sparklemotion

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
sparklemotion submitted a new resource:

How to ask a good question about a tree - and hopefully get good answers

Welcome to the Nuthouse! We are excited that you've decided to jump into the hobby, and are looking forward to help you do what's best for your tree. You can save our time and yours by answering some of these questions up front.

This isn't an official list or anything, but chances are if your first post doesn't include the answer to these questions, the first comments you get will ask them.

1. Where are you? Country/City/USDA Zone. Please add this information to your profile as well so it...

Read more about this resource...

sparklemotion

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
I didn't see an equivalent type of resource in our list, and I feel like I, personally, end up wanting to know the same information from new folks posting with common questions.

I don't want to make/maintain a full-on "Bonsai FAQ" because ugh, but I'm hoping that this is a non-controversial list of things that you need to know about your tree before others can help you with it. My plan is to link to it when I see new posts that don't provide enough information to get good answers.

I'm open to suggestions/constructive criticisms.

PapaRoots

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I can’t even post a message because I need a recipient.
You go to the section "forums" and click, "post thread" in order to create a new thread.

Or you click, post reply, as you have done for this pots, if you just want to respond.

1683406784976.png

Top Bottom