I think I missed fall…

amatbrewer

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
When I left for a 5day trip and the temps were around 75F/24c (~50F/10c at night), and I returned to a 25F/-4c night…luckily I got my tropical trees inside in time.
I guess it is time to start setting up the shelter for my less cold hearty material, and wait for the ski season to start.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
When I left for a 5day trip and the temps were around 75F/24c (~50F/10c at night), and I returned to a 25F/-4c night…luckily I got my tropical trees inside in time.
I guess it is time to start setting up the shelter for my less cold hearty material, and wait for the ski season to start.
Wow...24F. Guess I can't complain of the nights hitting 30's F...but takes forever to hit comfortable temps...and night falls sooner with it's cold temps. Mine are in for good now.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to convert to celcius!
We're dealing with those kind of temperature differences too since a few years. Especially in spring we can have 20 degrees C and up, and -10 the next week.

Most tropicals, and I don't want people to try this at home, but most tropicals can actually endure a night of light frost without lasting damage. Not advised though!

amatbrewer

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Thank you for taking the time to convert to celcius!
I do some writing with a global audience, so it is habit to use metric and imperial for everything. Tedious and a PITA sometimes...but habit none the less. ;)

Most tropicals, and I don't want people to try this at home, but most tropicals can actually endure a night of light frost without lasting damage. Not advised though!
I have read that Schefflera should not experience nights below 50F/10c , but mine have experienced 40's (~7c?) with no ill affects.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Meanwhile, we've hit record high temps pretty much every other day for the last week and will likely every day this week... also will likely surpass 90 90 F+ days here in N GA this year.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
High in the 90's today, maybe a record-breaker. Then by Wednesday, highs in the 70's. I'm hoping I have a few weeks left before anything has to come inside. 🙏

Atom#28

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
In my area, we get 3 or 4 winters per year!
First one started this weekend. Snow and cold!!

Attachments

• 89438D61-92DC-48D6-BA2B-F6D8EAC0D29E.jpeg
    89438D61-92DC-48D6-BA2B-F6D8EAC0D29E.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 3

Josh88

Shohin
Reaction score
I woke up to see the news was reporting a nationwide heat wave and wondered how our corner of the country missed the memo so badly.

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Meanwhile, we've hit record high temps pretty much every other day for the last week and will likely every day this week... also will likely surpass 90 90 F+ days here in N GA this year.

Since I live in northern N Ga...
Hopefully we'll get our reprieve starting Saturday.
91,95,97,95, ...76,79,80,74,74,76,78,79,79,80,80.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Parts of Idaho got THREE FEET of snow Sunday. It's supposed to be 100 F here in D.C. tomorrow, then drop into seasonable temps through the weekend.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Motherfucking Crazy!

Meh

I been thinking I haven't thought about tropicals coming in yet.

Back to 85 recently and it looks like I won't have to bring em in till Halloween.

Boo.

FTW

Sorce

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
west coast is wacky man, it's 89F (32C) here tomorrow then they tell us fall is gonna start

Traken

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Let's hope so, last year mine had to come in Oct 17th.:(
I just ordered another light since I've added a few more tropicals this year. Hopefully will be here before it's too cold. heh. It looks like we're gonna be dipping into the 40s several times in the next 7 days or so, at least up by Chicago. Still trying to figure out exactly how quickly I need to pull stuff in.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I'm getting some cool temps overnight here.
But still hot days.
I usually bring my trops in early.....was considering this week.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just checked. Night time till mid-october not expected to drop below 45F. Hope winter is holding out a bit longer. DO NOT want to bring all my plants inside just yet.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Almost 90 here today, possible frost Friday night.

Probably won't have another day this warm until May or even June.

Reaction score
It’s been unbearable humid here. Dew point is 21C/65F. Hurricane Lorenzo expected to hit us tonight. Hope it brings some cooling afterwards.

Top Bottom