Interesting video on growth patterns and sacrifice branches

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Now, I found this video interesting...and also the warning of not allowing sacrafice branches to run to long. Anyone with experience with Ginkgo can verify this comment would be appreciated. @Brian Van Fleet or @ColinFraser ?
Darlene, I didn't see anything in that video that tells me that he knows how to develop ginkgo.

Keep looking.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Darlene, I didn't see anything in that video that tells me that he knows how to develop ginkgo.

Keep looking.
Thanks...I was just more interested in the sacrifice branch...if it was true or not. To let it run to long...the buds die off on the inner branch. Making for what I would say a leggy looking tree. Was curious if that was factual.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Thanks...I was just more interested in the sacrifice branch...if it was true or not. To let it run to long...the buds die off on the inner branch. Making for what I would say a leggy looking tree. Was curious if that was factual.
Well, look at your ginkgo you're buying. Looks like there were some rather large branches that were left to grow long. Do they have buds?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Well, look at your ginkgo you're buying. Looks like there were some rather large branches that were left to grow long. Do they have buds?

Very very good point Adair! Good eye as well. I was so focused on his lesson I didn't compare it. Trying to digest his "knowledge". Thanks for the heads up of direction. Sort of like following advice. Look to the one with the proof in the pot so to speak.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
There really wasn't any "knowledge" in that video to digest!

Seriously, is there anything about those trees in his video that says he makes good bonsai?

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
@Cadillactaste you have to be careful with vids like that, just because you can doesn't mean you should. Sure you can watch them but with bonsai you should triple check your info with more the you tube as a source, which you did ;)

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@Cadillactaste you have to be careful with vids like that, just because you can doesn't mean you should. Sure you can watch them but with bonsai you should triple check your info with more the you tube as a source, which you did ;)
Thanks Giga...yeah...before it went to my vault of knowledge...I needed to be certain it didn't need to be filed to the incinterator. It's one reason I rarely watch YouTube...anyone as we seen here...can create an informative video.

Top Bottom