Interesting video's

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am sure I am behind the 8-ball on these, but I think they are well done. This one will answer all those questions on how to clean and enhance live veins on deadwood as well as how to trim cryptemeria.

There are like twenty or so of these video's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAhVGIAP83M&feature=related

No. five is also the bomb. When was the last time you saw a guy smoking in a video?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yea you're behind the 8 ball. But these have definitely been cool. I wrote a blog post about the radical change in how bonsai knowledge is being instantly disseminating (http://nebonsai.wordpress.com/2011/10/05/revolution/#entry) with this blog by Bjorn and Peter Teas blog . Two western apprentices writing in the 'now' about their experiences. Definitely cool.
John

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
Yes old news, but news worth bringing up again! Great video's. Both Bjorn and Peter's Blog's/websites are a great resources for us in the U.S.

Kirk

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
The cigarette harkens back to the good old days when scale was given to bonsai with a pack of unfiltered Camels and a Zippo lighter.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for all the replies about the "old news".

I guess I can expect a whole new crop of bonsai "how to's " this spring with everyones old news applied this year?

or not......

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Love those videos. One can learn a lot, just from the little details, such as how to hold the foliage of the Hinoki, when pinching. Or why should we wait a month in the spring, before we start pinching certain conifers. One word here and there, gives a lot of clues.

Reaction score
A bit touchy Smoke? I didn't mean it to be pejorative at all and, after reading my reply, it did come across that way. I often miss many things that others see. I was just saying that these have been around for a while. The more important point I wanted to make is that this video series and Peter Tea's blog are somewhat revolutionary in the sharing of information from apprentices in Japan - almost immediate. I wrote a few thoughts on it here: http://nebonsai.wordpress.com/
john romano

Bob O

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Thanks Smoke! I was enjoying these so much that I didn't hear my wife call me for dinner. :0

Bob O

Bob O

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Thanks Smoke! I was enjoying these so much I didn't hear my wife call me to dinner. :eek:

Bob O

govind5540

Seed
Reaction score
Very nice videos. I really like that videos. Thanks for share these videos.

Top Bottom