Jelle (aka Leatherback) bonsai bash

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I realize I sometimes want to share stuff that really should not have a thread of its own. Sort of like the "show us what you did today" but then for what is happening in the garden.
Guess I will be dumping them in this thread. Let's see what pops up :).

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
First up.. I am doing a 2 hour lecture and live demo (10 minute tiny Larch to [pre]bonsai during the break) on bonsai styles around the world & bonsai history for the Science Cafe in Enschede in a few weeks time. These cafes take place a few times a year, and the organizing team includes an artist to create a scroll-stopping image for each event. How cool is this?

1705214841496.png

dbonsaiw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Sounds awesome. Will it be recorded?

czaczaja

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Speaking of recordings, your recent thread about bonsai classes made me curious whether you were planning on doing some recorded classes/tutorials and making them available in a form of an online course? Ever considered that?

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Speaking of recordings, your recent thread about bonsai classes made me curious whether you were planning on doing some recorded classes/tutorials and making them available in a form of an online course? Ever considered that?
not really. In a way I see these YT videos a form of mini classes :)

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
First up.. I am doing a 2 hour lecture and live demo (10 minute tiny Larch to [pre]bonsai during the break) on bonsai styles around the world & bonsai history for the Science Cafe in Enschede in a few weeks time. These cafes take place a few times a year, and the organizing team includes an artist to create a scroll-stopping image for each event. How cool is this?
Take lots of photos to share!!

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11 to-be-constructed hardwood table tops, and preparing the stage decoration for my lecture on Thursday

1706968719982.png

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Cleaned up a yew that a colleague pulled out of his garden last week. And I got SO LUCKY with what was hidden belowground!

1710008081793.png

1710008336356.png

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Happy surprise when I pulled a field maple from the growing field to trim back some branches..
maple2.jpg

1710609745511.jpeg

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Can't believe I am bare rooting a yew I found many years back. Turns out the top dying was due to not having cleaned the roots out, and the core solid dry sand. Sigh..

1711309844688.png

Top Bottom