Juniper collecting

luckydevil728

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Does anybody have any info on collecting California Juniper??? Is there anyone in the area (Los Angeles) still going collecting? Are any of the Bonsai clubs still having trips? This is the time, just after the rains. It would be great to find some locals who are going...
thanks, Dan

Reaction score
Dan,

If you live in So Cal, you can meet people who are collecting by getting in contact with Harry Hirao. Also, Kofu Kai has several young guys who are collecting.

Juniperus Californica

luckydevil728

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
hey thanks, yes i have read about Harry Hirao, the California juniper expert and would love to go along on a collecting trip. Ill try to get in touch... i also heard of a workshop he was giving in a few weeks,some place here in the Los Angeles area
thanks, Dan

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Does anybody have any info on collecting California Juniper??? Is there anyone in the area (Los Angeles) still going collecting? Are any of the Bonsai clubs still having trips? This is the time, just after the rains. It would be great to find some locals who are going...
thanks, Dan

Being in Pasadena I hope you are able to make the Bonsai-a-thon this weekend at the Huntington Gardens. I am coming down on Friday to go shopping. I will be there all day Sat. and have State Board meetings all day Sun. I will also have a tree in the display this year.

Would like to meet up with you. Will have a name tag on so look me up. I will introduce you to many diggers down there. Most of the BLM land is closed currently due to windmill additions, but there are private lands.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Ohhhhhh... I want to go to the Huntington. This weekend will be tough due to conflicts with two birthdays in my family. Last show I was there for was about 10 years ago...

luckydevil728

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey Smoke, yes i will see you at the Huntington Gardens on Saturday. This is going to be a good show... I went last year and there was lots of amazing Bonsai. Everybody should check this one out..if your in the area, Ill be sure to get some photos...
see you there, Dan

ianb

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Alright its going to be a nuthouse at the Huntington this weekend. See you all there Saturday.

Top Bottom