Votes: 4 10.5%
  • 2nd image

Votes: 34 89.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Hey Mike, are you pissed with us chopping up your tree when you just asked which angle should be the front, or have we given you some ideas to maybe improve your tree ?

keep it green, Harry

Reaction score
Nice idea Tom,

I like what you've done best! Nice job of balancing the tree. Word of advice, don't apologize for being a beginner or novice etc., because we're all learning. Good ideas like good trees stand on their own.

By the way, if you've been following the poll, style #1 was leading for a while until we changed everyone's mind - good job style #2 followers. All we have to do now is get Mike Page to follow our advice! How 'bout a poll on whether he'll do it?

Juniperus Californica

Mike Page

Mame
Reaction score
Hey Mike, are you pissed with us chopping up your tree when you just asked which angle should be the front, or have we given you some ideas to maybe improve your tree ?

keep it green, Harry

Hey Harry, no problem. I just asked the question in the poll to see what various people think. Ultimately, it's my tree, I've worked on it for several years, and the only opinion that really counts is mine. In near 35 years being involved in bonsai, I have my ways. But, I'm still curious or I wouldn't be on this forum.
Re. chopping away a lot of the old wood, never happen. This is an ancient tree. Could easily have been growing when Columbus sailed the ocean blue. Major chop would be a sin.

Mike aka Grumpy Old Man

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
No doubt it's a nice tree and would make an excellent addition to anyone's collection. I just don't have as much respect for mother nature and time as you do. If it were mine, there would be a pile of 500 year old sawdust on my shop floor. Great old tree and thanks for sharing.

keep it green,
Harry

Top Bottom