Last one...

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I'm using a weber kettle... no way to adjust the temp or feed fuel. I was tempted to start it last night but thought better of it.

Plus, I now have an indisputably awesome excuse to drink beer ALL DAY LONG!!
Well, a Green Egg won’t help with the beer-drinking excuse, but you seem to have a reasonable wife. And it’s not to say you *can’t* monitor it all day...:p

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Ok, I’m convinced. By the way , which statins are you all taking? I need to do some research:D.

No statins here but I do take 2 garlic pills a day and vitamin e and c (antioxidants). Hubby takes 4 garlic pills a day. He had high cholesterol and every drug they put him on made him want to commit suicide at some point. Didnt matter which one or which does, he felt the darkness coming in eventually. So instead he eats garlic pills like candy and we are more careful of our diet. So far its worked well for himg.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Garlic pills interesting. I don't have high cholesterol, but I know people who do.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Had my first cholesterol reading over 200 last fall. Ldl to hdl ratio still good. I’m eating a lot more salad and salmon now . I don’t know what my cholesterol is right now... will find out in a month or so... but I actually weigh less then what I did in college... which is still too much but getting there.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Drink good quality water, bottled with no "unnatural" flavorings or chemicals 1 quart or more a day and at least 12 ounces before your first coffee. I do have a weird health issue BUT that plan has me down to High School weight and closing in to 63 with a lot of energy and a very full head of hair... Nothing is perfect but for the last few years has made a huge difference.

Grimmy

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Looking good Dave! I smoked a couple racks of these bad boys today. So much easier than a shoulder, but I'll do one of those in a few weeks. The season is young! I ain't got time for no stinking cholesterol!

IMG_0267.JPG

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I traveled to Tennessee last year on a business trip... Had the hope to find southern smoked BBQ ribs and brisket... but found none. Apparently wrong region, it was a total bummer.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Hmmm, surprising. My biggest issue is keeping the temps LOW enough, basically between 220-250F.
Me too. But my smoker is gas, I imagine charcoal would be even more of a challenge.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
I traveled to Tennessee last year on a business trip... Had the hope to find southern smoked BBQ ribs and brisket... but found none. Apparently wrong region, it was a total bummer.
You couldn’t find a bbq joint in Tennessee?!? Wow! I live 90 minutes south of Chattanooga... swing down this way and I’ll smoke a butt in your honor... everybody else will be invited too.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
You couldn’t find a bbq joint in Tennessee?!? Wow! I live 90 minutes south of Chattanooga... swing down this way and I’ll smoke a butt in your honor... everybody else will be invited too.
I thought it was a like something every restaurant had... I did not pick the places we went to.
I really really wanted bbq ribs

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I thought it was a like something every restaurant had... I did not pick the places we went to.
I don't have the patience to do a pork butt. But I can hold my one with ribs or chicken. If you want to make a LONG trip. ;)

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
You obviously did not go to Memphis, TN!

Every restaurant in Memphis DOES have ribs on the menu!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm not doing shit for Max until he let's me sit and gaze into his "bonsai aquarium" for a day or so!

That's too bitchin!

You meat eaters with your carnivorous ice cream!

Try Malt-o-meal with soy milk! Bomb!

Sorce

Top Bottom