Liquid Fertilizer

will0911

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8/9
i found this thread had more than adequate information. i also didnt really find anyone who had said anything upsetting. Maybe if you read through it again this information might click. it is alot of info if youre not used to dealing with fertilizers. i know they have been hard for me to try and grasp all the do's and dont's but i think everyone did i good job of putting solid info out here for us newbies to learn from. what is it you dont get if you dont mind me asking? maybe they didnt understand your question or maybe missed something?

monza

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
In all seriousness which I'm never...

I think the humour and slight sarcasm comes more into play when 'new questions' aren't new. There is a ton of info that you can search and almost all general questions can be answered with that or scrolling old threads. That being said even though a repeated subject there was tons of good info in this thread.

Put it in the ground... that must be the oldest joke in bonsai.

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
It is very frustrating for someone starting out asking questions and getting either no response or something like put it in the ground.

Again, most of us are trying to help when we say "put it in the ground." All that means is that the tree in question is not ready (too young, or too thin <often the same thing> for bonsaihood). We answer a lot of questions from a lot of people, and we do it because we want to do it, but we can't give a bonsai lesson with every message. Somewhere here, however, there will be a message -- probably more than one, since the same questions are asked over and over again over time -- that thoroughly answers your questions. You just have to look for it.

treebeard55

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
Please remember, everyone. When you post something on a forum, all anyone can see is your choice of words, how you put them together, and any emphases or smilies you use. Facial expression, tone of voice, body language -- none of those can come thru. And those non-verbal elements carry a lot of our communication with each other.

So go over a statement before you post it, please. And if you wonder how a particular comment was meant, best to ask before you respond. Do it in a PM, if you prefer, but I urge you to do it. If my own experience is any guide, you'll be glad you did! :D

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well the technical stuff here has confuzzled me, :confused: as for liquid fertilizers I love both Peters and Schultz they work great. I had a salt problem on a pot once and could not get it off, I tried this product called C.L.R. , its a calcium, lime and rust remover, it works in minutes and does not hurt the finish of either glazed ceramic or the unglazed red and brown clay pots. I also fertilize in the fall and it does not hurt my plants, although they go to Fl. with me and they get an extra growing season anyway so I even fertilize in the winter.

ed

Jason_mazzy

Chumono
Reaction score
what is a good source of trace elements for bonsai for those using heavy organics or liquid ferts with no trace elements?

fourteener

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have very porous soil. I water with Miracle Grow at full strength every other Friday from June 15-August 30. I mention the porous soil because some recommend half strength.

I find fertilizer is one of those highly opinionated topics. Whatever works for you, keep doing it!

Top Bottom