Lodestone

garywood

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A hundred years ago :) I was in the garden studying a tree, just standing there. I don't know how long I was there or how long my father-in-law was behind me. He said "Wood" what in the hell are you doing? I replied, just counting leaves.
Ideally we have our bonsai as a source relaxation or introspection or at least I do. With the recent tit&tats, it makes me wonder if thoughts and feelings carry over from the forum to our time with the trees? Occasionally I have to re-read a few things that I try to think keeps me centered. My "Loadstones" are poems, THE ROAD NOT TAKEN by Robert Frost, MAUD MULLER by John Greenleaf Whittier and Plato's allegory THE CAVE. Just curious what everyone else does or doesn't so.

AlBooBoo

Mame
Reaction score
If i really didnt misunderstand the meaning of "lodestone" i would guess my way of getting centered would be too go out fishing in the mountains or simply take a few beers and listen to some good music and just shut the whoooleeee world out

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I learned a long time ago that not letting go of the agitation that results from disagreements and misunderstandings does more harm to me than to anyone else. In the end its just not worth staying all worked up over.

Almost everyone knows the saying "Don't sweat the small stuff". What we have seen around here in the last few days needs a magnifying glass compaired to the real problems we sometimes have in life such as a family member being dangerously ill, losing a job, etc.

So no, I don't let disagreements I have with people on the internet poison my personal life.

Top Bottom