Looking for Juniperus Rigida

Kdip

Seed
Reaction score
Hi group. Does anyone know where I could find a Juniperus Rigida?

Thanks!
Kim

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Where are you located? You need to narrow your search to at least a country.
How much are you wanting to spend? They’re not common in the US.

Kdip

Seed
Reaction score
Apologies! I'm new to the group. I live in Georgia USA. I know, seems very uncommon. I'd like to keep below 1000. Thanks so much.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Apologies! I'm new to the group. I live in Georgia USA. I know, seems very uncommon. I'd like to keep below 1000. Thanks so much.
That helps! Add your location to your profile. Brussel’s Bonsai near Memphis may have some, but I haven’t been there in years. Check with Steve Cratty, Plant City Bonsai up in Clermont. Check with @Owen Reich too. He’s up near Nashville. He sold me this one; it would take a bit more than $1000 to let it go...never seen another IRL. Happy hunting!
97A10C00-3D23-4D24-AB21-27D65CFF6DFC.jpeg

Kdip

Seed
Reaction score
Hi I'll update my profile. Appreciate the suggestions - I'll give them a try. Wow that is a beauty. Lucky you! Thanks, again!

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Also check Juniperus conferta. Very similar to Juniperus rigida... and much more broadly available.

Owen Reich

Shohin
Reaction score
That helps! Add your location to your profile. Brussel’s Bonsai near Memphis may have some, but I haven’t been there in years. Check with Steve Cratty, Plant City Bonsai up in Clermont. Check with @Owen Reich too. He’s up near Nashville. He sold me this one; it would take a bit more than $1000 to let it go...never seen another IRL. Happy hunting!
View attachment 233622
It’s looking quite happy and has a much tighter canopy. That’s basically the only planting angle that really looks nice. Looking forward to seeing it in a tiny por one day; I have a few when you’re ready :)

Top Bottom