Mail Mishaps

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Did you repair the broken pot?
If you mean did I epoxy it back together, yeah. It looks like shit. Might be functional, but as a training pot. It will be an unreliable one.

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
If you mean did I epoxy it back together, yeah. It looks like shit. Might be functional, but as a training pot. It will be an unreliable one.
Ahh shit.. I'll buy it from you

dbonsaiw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Ordered a Stewartia last year from South Carolina and I started receiving messages from the courier that the tree was delivered - to California (I'm in New York). Seller was a good sport and offered to dig me up another, but I never took him up on it as the tree eventually made its way to the east coast healthy and has been growing nicely since.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Tried to send some cuttings to @Pixar about 5 weeks ago. They got to New Zealand on November 9th, but still sit in customs. View attachment 464358🧐
I sent him some BRT seeds in a smiley face dog card and they made it fine. He sent me some native NZ seeds back labeled as electronic parts. Just planted them today.

MMJNICE

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hopefully my shipment from "evergreen" ends well because ordering was such a hassle. I couldn't find a number for the nursery and I have close to a $200 dollar order. After extensive email tag,, them not taking any account of my instructions but apparently I have to fallow all his instructions.. mysterious missing emails of them notifying me my card was not Accepted,, supposed calls from unknown unlisted numbers but won't give me there phone number. Then completing a new order.. then them asking if I wanted to proceed with my order after completing a new order with a new credit card dragging the process out further and more importantly testing my patience. I was hoping to get my plants by my birthday on the 20th of November.. first ordered on around the 5th.. I'm patiently waiting to receive some amazing material or at least with all the back and forth I surely hope it's worth all the hubub.. I've been as respectful as I could muster,,, through the whole process because this is apparently the guy that's picking out the plants that will be shipped... I'm no fool . ..Smh...but boy I had one of the WORST BIRTHDAY'S I'VE EVER HAD and the one bright spot I thought was coming pooped on my Parade as well.. better be AMAZING MATERIAL. 😑🤪

Thatguy85

Sapling
Reaction score
I ordered some acorns from a seller in the USA, seeds arrived at customs and they are still being held there, 30 days later. Also ordered acorns from Bulgaria and I dont even have tracking info (ordered them weeks ago as well). I hope the customs dont chuck them in the incinerator or something. Agony.

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Hopefully my shipment from "evergreen" ends well because ordering was such a hassle. I couldn't find a number for the nursery and I have close to a $200 dollar order. After extensive email tag,, them not taking any account of my instructions but apparently I have to fallow all his instructions.. mysterious missing emails of them notifying me my card was not Accepted,, supposed calls from unknown unlisted numbers but won't give me there phone number. Then completing a new order.. then them asking if I wanted to proceed with my order after completing a new order with a new credit card dragging the process out further and more importantly testing my patience. I was hoping to get my plants by my birthday on the 20th of November.. first ordered on around the 5th.. I'm patiently waiting to receive some amazing material or at least with all the back and forth I surely hope it's worth all the hubub.. I've been as respectful as I could muster,,, through the whole process because this is apparently the guy that's picking out the plants that will be shipped... I'm no fool . ..Smh...but boy I had one of the WORST BIRTHDAY'S I'VE EVER HAD and the one bright spot I thought was coming pooped on my Parade as well.. better be AMAZING MATERIAL. 😑🤪
Ordering from Evergreen is easy. You just have to follow the (very simple) instructions.

No need to disparage the company when complication was due to user error ;)

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
This package is currently on Tour. Ordered it Feb 20th. I'm hoping it finds someone at the Post office that's able to read. :)
The highlighted city is the correct one.

View attachment 477299
I still have you beat huh @Clicio ? :) I live in a very small town. One time my dad (who lived in the same town) mailed me something and it took threes weeks to get to me. Finally arrived with post marks from different states and my dad was getting pretty mad that I hadn't acknowledged getting it!.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I still have you beat huh @Clicio ? :) I live in a very small town. One time my dad (who lived in the same town) mailed me something and it took threes weeks to get to me. Finally arrived with post marks from different states and my dad was getting pretty mad that I hadn't acknowledged getting it!.
You can declare yourself the winner, but I still don't have the package. :)

It's on a world tour and will be in Brazil soon enough!

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well.. After being delayed a couple of times, after 5 weeks my wild pear from Bulgaria finally arrived a few years ago. There was no registry of damage to the parcel. The shipping company said this was how the parcel looked when it was shipped..
My conclusion at the time was a forklift running one of the blades through the parcel.

1679209412723.png
1679209436580.png

1679209476015.png

1679209512238.png

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Went to the USPS the other day to find out why the package I sent out in October was, according to the tracking number, still sitting in my local post office.

Me: "Tracking number say's it still here."
USPS Worker: "That's not a tracking number."
Me: "The 20 digit number after the words tracking number isn't the tracking number?"
USPS Worker: "No. That's not a tracking number."
Me: "What's the purpose of this number then?"
USPS Worker: "Did you pay for insurance, or delivery conformation?"
Me: "No. I thought in order to deliver a package you'd know what a tracking number does."

After another minute of that's not a tracking number is when I walked away, figured I was out $150 bucks, but wanted to look up what I could do after the "That's not a tracking number" exchange. Then low and behold my non-tracking number started moving, and the package was delivered, & I got my refund. Unbelievable USPS. I call shame on you!
I have had a few experiences where mail carriers „sit still for a week“ but magically start moving again once I started questioning it and lodging a claim.

Scorpius

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
That's for sure. :) I'd apologize to anyone reading this that works for USPS, but if you're able to read this then you shouldn't find it insulting. 🤣

It's back in Monroe, hopefully Cletus the slack jawed yokel has Monday off.

View attachment 477581
What a shit show of a delivery on that package.

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That's for sure. :) I'd apologize to anyone reading this that works for USPS, but if you're able to read this then you shouldn't find it insulting. 🤣

It's back in Monroe, hopefully Cletus the slack jawed yokel has Monday off.

View attachment 477581
Hope it succeeds before Easter rolls in or you can add that to its delay 😩. Meanwhile I have a package that has finally left Milan (Italy) after 6 days just sat in that sorting facility. It was outbound so should have moved faster, now I‘ll get the pleasure of watching the inbound delay as it passes through border checks.

Top Bottom