Mancozeb on Juniper

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Should all brown foliage be removed before spraying?

Also, the label doesn't mention junipers....and the dilution is all for large square footage of crops.

I dunno how much to use in a one gallon pump sprayer.....any ideas?

Farwest

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I’ve been using this in a regular ‘ol trigger sprayer to soak about 6 medium junipers.
image.jpg

fore

Omono
Reaction score
yes, remove all dead foliage before spray. Be aggressive, like repeat every 5 dys till you see vigorous growth again. It's very persistant.

Japonicus

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I see online 3-5 teaspoons per gallon....
Hi @just.wing.it I just got my 1st concentrate today, and same issue, too vague mixing directions (1.2 Qt / 100 g.)
I could dig online and do the math I guess. Not having a concentrate of size that is even relevant to the instructions
(1.5 Qt), you'd think they would print instructions per size of product purchased.

Based on @Farwest picture 5.33 Tsp/g however the = sign is confusing, but I get it.

Have you had any success with this Mike since starting this thread, and what recipe are you using?

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Hi @just.wing.it I just got my 1st concentrate today, and same issue, too vague mixing directions (1.2 Qt / 100 g.)
I could dig online and do the math I guess. Not having a concentrate of size that is even relevant to the instructions
(1.5 Qt), you'd think they would print instructions per size of product purchased.

Based on @Farwest picture 5.33 Tsp/g however the = sign is confusing, but I get it.

Have you had any success with this Mike since starting this thread, and what recipe are you using?
The juniper is beginning to grow now and it looks healthy....but the tip blight made it leggy....leggier than it already was.
So yeah I think it worked for me!
I've been using about a half a tablespoon per 32oz spray bottle.
No problem so far.

Japonicus

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
The juniper is beginning to grow now and it looks healthy....but the tip blight made it leggy....leggier than it already was.
So yeah I think it worked for me!
No problem so far.
Thanks for the quick reply. That's very timely as I have maybe a day before more rains
in a 2 week off and on rains, and my cascade colour is a bit off with what is suspected
of being tip blight of sorts. Sorce began commissioning a pot for it less than a week before
the "blight" showed up. Rather worried about it having it for better than 11 yrs, maybe 15.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Thanks for the quick reply. That's very timely as I have maybe a day before more rains
in a 2 week off and on rains, and my cascade colour is a bit off with what is suspected
of being tip blight of sorts. Sorce began commissioning a pot for it less than a week before
the "blight" showed up. Rather worried about it having it for better than 11 yrs, maybe 15.
I applied it once this year so far, and I put some Bonide Infuse Granular on it as well.
Gonna use Daconil next...we've been getting a lot of that rain too.
Sounds like a tornado came down in Harper's Ferry yesterday.....by the time it got to me, it was still a Tornado Warning, but we just got rain.

Japonicus

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I heard about a narrow twister in the E Panhandle somewhere.

Now I'm afraid to pot it up. Left all that foliage on prior to thinning and wiring this year
recouping from the last scare I had with it but not near as bad I don't think as this time around.
Then sorce says he's making a pot for it, and I'm too paranoid to do that this year.
Guess I'll stick with the original plan to thin it if it proves ready later this year, and watch the pot
on the shelf for now.

Japonicus

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Don't know why I didn't search the Bonide site...
For outdoor or greenhouse use, apply the equivalent (0.88 fl. ozs per 1 gal.) (0.88 fl. oz per 1,000 ft2). The addition of Latron B-1956 to spray solutions will improve performance. Begin spraying when plants are well leafed out or at first sign of disease, in a full coverage spray at 7- to 10-day intervals throughout season.

There's 6 Tsp to an ounce, (so I'd never get drunk on cough syrup)
so .22 fluid oz. of Mancozeb to 32oz of water or (rounding .88 up to 1 then /4) = 1.5Tsp or half a Tbsp for a Qt of dilute.
Spot on Mike :) Says nothing about needle cast and that sucks, now I have to buy another sprayer.
Got tired of the pissy nozzle on the pre mixed, and the concentrate is more economical as always.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Don't know why I didn't search the Bonide site...
For outdoor or greenhouse use, apply the equivalent (0.88 fl. ozs per 1 gal.) (0.88 fl. oz per 1,000 ft2). The addition of Latron B-1956 to spray solutions will improve performance. Begin spraying when plants are well leafed out or at first sign of disease, in a full coverage spray at 7- to 10-day intervals throughout season.

There's 6 Tsp to an ounce, (so I'd never get drunk on cough syrup)
so .22 fluid oz. of Mancozeb to 32oz of water or (rounding .88 up to 1 then /4) = 1.5Tsp or half a Tbsp for a Qt of dilute.
Spot on Mike :) Says nothing about needle cast and that sucks, now I have to buy another sprayer.
Got tired of the pissy nozzle on the pre mixed, and the concentrate is more economical as always.
Lol! Well....I'm very intuitive....hahaha!

bonsaiboyphx

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
I know this is an old thread. but i was told by my mentors to use 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of Mancozeb for Junipers, kishus and procumbens. thats what I've used in the past and it worked like a charm. The rate on the bottle seems super high.
Also, my mentors who I got the dose rate from are trained from Boon and David Nguy so they really know their stuff.

Cheers,

Richard

Top Bottom