Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very nice digital presentation. Thanks for sharing Judy.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Amazing virtual book!

The only thing I didn't like was the inclusion of "years in training" in the pictures. Years in training is irrelevant... it feels very much like what an American who doesn't know anything about bonsai would say. No one would, for example, list "hours of painting required" next to a beautiful oil painting. Does more or fewer years in training make a bonsai more beautiful? And if not, why even mention it?

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Amazing virtual book!

The only thing I didn't like was the inclusion of "years in training" in the pictures. Years in training is irrelevant... it feels very much like what an American who doesn't know anything about bonsai would say. No one would, for example, list "hours of painting required" next to a beautiful oil painting. Does more or fewer years in training make a bonsai more beautiful? And if not, why even mention it?
Yeah, our local club show always asked for age of tree, years in training, where originated.... I never liked that they did that. And if you left it blank they put in "unknown" I think it's for the general public but I feel it's totally unnecessary.

PiñonJ

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Thanks for posting, Judy. I guess @Coppersdad is in the PSBA and he posted about the show last week, then he posted a link where you can vote for your favorites:

Coppersdad

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Thanks for posting, Judy. I guess @Coppersdad is in the PSBA and he posted about the show last week, then he posted a link where you can vote for your favorites:
I happen to be club secretary.
Very proud of our club leadership. They faced this pandemic lockdown head-on. After only a short time, they converted our monthly club meetings to a Zoom format. Believing the social aspect of belonging to a bonsai club is just as important as education and promoting bonsai to the public, they focused on the membership and put energy into providing activities and contact for both new and experienced members. Our total club membership, while somewhat stagnant before the "lockdown" has actually grown. Not only have new members joined but inactive members have renewed and are not active once again.
With more than a little embarrassment, I just decided to share with all of you the chronicle of the PSBA journey in the wilds of pandemic distancing. I share it to celebrate the fantastic gals and guys who lead our club and to offer ideas and encouragement to the leadership of every bonsai club, especially those that might be struggling currently.
https://www.pugetsoundbonsai.com/

Attachments

• How the Puget Sound Bonsai Association fought back from the pandemic lockdown.pdf
    711.7 KB · Views: 5

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I happen to be club secretary.
Very proud of our club leadership. They faced this pandemic lockdown head-on. After only a short time, they converted our monthly club meetings to a Zoom format. Believing the social aspect of belonging to a bonsai club is just as important as education and promoting bonsai to the public, they focused on the membership and put energy into providing activities and contact for both new and experienced members. Our total club membership, while somewhat stagnant before the "lockdown" has actually grown. Not only have new members joined but inactive members have renewed and are not active once again.
With more than a little embarrassment, I just decided to share with all of you the chronicle of the PSBA journey in the wilds of pandemic distancing. I share it to celebrate the fantastic gals and guys who lead our club and to offer ideas and encouragement to the leadership of every bonsai club, especially those that might be struggling currently.
https://www.pugetsoundbonsai.com/
Awesome!!! You should be so proud of this accomplishment.

Top Bottom