Meyer Lemon Seeds

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Greencare Blueberry Special. All the nitrogen is as ammonium ion. Has sulfur, iron, manganese, magnesium, and a long list of micro nutrients. I forget the NPK numbers, I'll look at it when I get home.

PM me if you want to buy a pound or two.

Last edited:

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
A "quick fix" in high calcium water, add a tablespoon or two of household ammonia. The clear for cleaning ammonia. This is usually 4 % active, and should have few other additives. This is the cheapest ammonia at the grocery store. Don't get the "odorless" ammonia, it's not ammonia.

Just add the ammonia to your regular fertilizer solution. Calcium blocks nitrate absorption, but does not interfere with ammonia absorption.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Greencare Blueberry Special. All the nitrogen is as ammonium ion. Has sulfur, iron, manganese, magnesium, and a long list of micro nutrients. I forget the NPK numbers, I'll look at it when I get home.

PM me if you want to buy a pound or two.
Hmm, I googled it to buy some and nothing came up for that brand. There are similar products sold in 4 pound bags. I fertilized today and if they don't respond, I might have to take you up on that offer, thanks.

On the right of this picture, you can see the orange (I cant remember what kind, I will have to check the tag) a few weeks back showing branch dieback and deficient leaves. This one has given me more problems than any other.

They are grafted on trifoliate orange root stock it appears, which means they can handle lower temperatures than I thought- good to know.

If anyone in the NC/SC area wants citrus I can point you in the direction of the nursery I got these.

Attachments

• 20200325_122153.jpg
    20200325_122153.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 16

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@JoeR
I'm not surprised that a Google search did not turn up anything. They are wholesale only, we have a blueberry farm, minimum order is about 500 pounds. Greencare is searchable, but individual products are not listed. They custom blend to order.

I can repack the blueberry fertilizer into one or two pound containers. I do it for orchid people, so doing it is not a problem.

xisbi

Sapling
Reaction score
I germinated this seed about 5 months a go, can’t remember what I t was, i planted so many citrus seeds at once. Must turned out the habe bg leaves and growing up words. But this one was unque, it have small leaves and started to branch out with out topping. Very small leaves and no thorns. It is in hydroponic system for now but started in soil. It would make good bonsai friends m the looks

Attachments

• F223993C-D24D-4799-881A-2C6E18EC5B33.jpeg
    F223993C-D24D-4799-881A-2C6E18EC5B33.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 9792AFFE-A047-427B-8DD0-EA50C22CE34A.jpeg
    9792AFFE-A047-427B-8DD0-EA50C22CE34A.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 12

xisbi

Sapling
Reaction score
my phone's autocorrect changed words for some weird reason, I hate iphones :( but since what i said makes no since at all, I will summarize it, 5 month old seed, don't remember type of citrus.. others turned out to be tall with thorns, this one have the thickest trunk and the smallest leaves, it is also the smallest. you can make out rest from previous message I hope.

Top Bottom