More RoadSide Finds

ml_work

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
These are 2 more trees that I got from side of the road. Like most the roots were already dried out but I gave them a try. I think one is a Holly of some type, the leaves were small on the original tree. I put it in this pot and just let it go. Odd thing is that I had another one that I left in 5gal bucket of water to keep moist till I could cut it back to fit in a pot. Forgot all about it for over a month and then noticed it had budded out also. I move it to a pot and it lost all the leaves!
I think the other one is a hawthorn? anyway my question is what to do now that they have some leaves coming out? just let them grow or cut back to encourage back budding?
Thanks,
Michael

Attachments

• Jul18_0005.jpg
    Jul18_0005.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 143
  • Jul18_0006.jpg
    Jul18_0006.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 133

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
just leave the trees be.... let them grow. growth in this case will help stimulate root growth which will help get your new trees healthy.... Do not go about pruning the trees at this time... like i said before you want to just let them grow.

Collected trees really shouldn't be worked on for a few years while they regain their health and become accustomed to growing in pots. Haste in this case could ruin all the effort you have put forth so far. First hope that they live through collection...

ml_work

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for the info......guess I kinda knew to just let them grow, but wanted to do something.
Thanks,
Michael

Top Bottom