My Deshojo #2

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Did they say it was a Deshojo @Drew ? It's a bit naughty if they misrepresented it.

Drew

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Did they say it was a Deshojo @Drew ? It's a bit naughty if they misrepresented it.

Yes! at the UK bonsai auction in Jan I spoke to the guy (Midori Bonsai) who was selling it and he said it was, the auctioneer also sold it as a deshojo... what can you do.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Yes! at the UK bonsai auction in Jan I spoke to the guy (Midori Bonsai) who was selling it and he said it was, the auctioneer also sold it as a deshojo... what can you do.
Option 1 - If you don't like the tree then you can return it and get your money back since they misrepresent it. With the money you paid, can you get a better tree than the one you have right now?

Drew

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think I keep it for a while and develop it.

Its still a nice little tree and the pot it came in is worth almost as much as I spent at the action so I have def not lost anything, I've also used the pot for another tree now.

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
You could also take the opinion @Drew that deshojos are quite common - this tree is unique. It's still a nice tree I agree.

Fan Tan Fannie

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Turns out this isn't a Deshojo but a standard JM. I'm a little disappointed must admit but still a decent little tree. Needs a cutback:

View attachment 240266
I don't have a Deshojo. I think Deshojo start pink red in spring for a few weeks and then the leaves turn green.. Here is the new video from Peter Chan explaining the Deshojo coloring. You might actually have a Deshojo that turned green...

Drew

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I also have a deshojo in my garden so I know the difference and this is def not one unfortunately. (you can actually see it in the picture i posted in post #21)

Top Bottom