MY GARDEN, SHARE YOURS

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What a beautiful set up! Love the use of natural stones for benches and the uncluttered spaces. Love your water features too. I'd kill for that much space. I have had my eye on an antique granite tsukubai basin at a friend's garden for years. I'd make them an offer, but the thing would require more space than I have to use effectively.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Just wonderful, Serg! Having a series of pictures in different seasons from different years gives the environment you've created continuity and a warm, relaxing feeling. So good!

Thank you Fred! It has been good to see how it has slowly been evolving through these past few years. Funny because although it may look relaxing, I am never quite relaxed there since I am always looking to what I need to do next and how I can improve it. :oops:

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Beautiful and very nicely done. Looks like you have a love of deciduous, some stunning specimens. My entire Bonsai space would fit into your gazebo area.......but have plans to changes things up......get back to this thread in three or so years....lol.....

Thanks ghues! I do love deciduous. Trying to slowly expand a bit my collection of conifers, but I think my heart lies with deciduous varieties. Ok good luck and have fun with your set up plans and share! :)

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Wow. Outstanding view everywhere you turn.

Thanks Tieball! Well... not quite. That's what I need to improve. From certain angles the trees get lost as you look into the woods. I need to add some more fencing to help with that. We'll see.

PeaceLoveBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Beautiful and very inspirational! A couple of questions, if you don’t mind. What type of rock do you use for your floor and have you any issues with wash out? And are the tops of your benches a painted wood or some sort of slate? Beautiful either way! Thanks again for sharing.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Title asks to "share yours"... Can't wait to get a house. I figure I can fit maybe 10-20 more but I'll have to get rid of the chair and table. Glad the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor neighbors don't complain when I water.

View attachment 171652

Very nice and thanks for sharing. You have some nice trees there! I give you a lot of credit for enjoying your passion even when living in a condo! Where there is a will there is a way!

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Mach5 there are frogs naturally in your basin?
Introduced ?

They winter?

Beautiful!

Sorce

Hi sorce. Yes, that is a green frog (Rana clamitans) that took residence naturally in the garden. In the summer it cools off inside the waterlily basin and eats mosquito larvae. When its done, it goes back underneath a Crimson Queen Japanese maple until the next day. Not sure were it goes now in the winter but will be back next summer LOL!

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Wow, you have a beautiful garden @MACH5 :)
It's truly gorgeous, and I can only imagine the amount of labour & love you have put into it so far.

Thanks Ingvill! It does take quite a bit of work yes! But for the most part it does't feel like a chore. I truly enjoy working in it.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I can see you coming out with a book @MACH5 , maybe something on deciduous one day. I would buy, I guarantee you would have some beautiful pictures in it :). I have always admired your garden and your trees are next level. Sometimes a person's passion and natural god gifted abilities come together.

Thank you Matt for the kind words! LOL not sure about a book but maybe perhaps some day in the future. It is too soon now. I do have connections in the publishing world so at least there is that. :rolleyes:

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
What a beautiful set up! Love the use of natural stones for benches and the uncluttered spaces. Love your water features too. I'd kill for that much space. I have had my eye on an antique granite tsukubai basin at a friend's garden for years. I'd make them an offer, but the thing would require more space than I have to use effectively.

Thank you Rockm. Very kind of you! As it all grows and progresses, it will be challenging to try and keep it uncluttered as much possible. I am very mindful of it at least. The granite tsukubai sounds pretty sweet!!

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thank you Rockm. Very kind of you! As it all grows and progresses, it will be challenging to try and keep it uncluttered as much possible. I am very mindful of it at least. The granite tsukubai sounds pretty sweet!!
My bonsai nursery owner friends opted to make designing and installing Japanese gardens their primary work. They do beautiful work in the D.C./Richmond areas that uses empty space, stone, and plantings. Your yard reminds me of their work.

BTW, That tsukubai I've been looking at for years is in their demo garden. It's three and a half feet tall, about two feet in diameter and weighs 400 lbs.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Beautiful and very inspirational! A couple of questions, if you don’t mind. What type of rock do you use for your floor and have you any issues with wash out? And are the tops of your benches a painted wood or some sort of slate? Beautiful either way! Thanks again for sharing.

Thank you! For different areas I used two colors of crushed stone 3/4" size. For the center area of the garden is a mix of lighter colored grey/tan stones. Sorry I don't have the specific name or kind. For rest of the garden I used blue stone. It is of a darker blueish grey that looks very nice. It does lighten up a bit as it ages. The crushed stone gives the garden a nice clean look. To keep it looking nice, I rake the entire garden often.

Yes, the top of the stands are made of slate. Very durable and very affordable stone at least in my area.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Your yard is so... so... flat!! Love it, Sergio. Like Mark said, the use of stone and water features intermixed with your trees is just right. These pictures belong in a book or magazine on garden design.

LOL thank you Dave! It is not quite as flat as you might think. It does slope a bit downwards at the back from one side to the other. But yes, it is for all intents and purposes "flat".

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
!!!!!!!!!Very Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

I am afraid, the yard here is just stands made from rig steel, the slope will allow for little else.

Plus the internal of the house is filled with oil paintings and sculpture, European, not a
great place for moisture, and so the Bonsai stay outdoors.
Good Day
Anthony

Top Bottom