MY GARDEN, SHARE YOURS

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very cool! Some inventive and creative ways you guys are finding in displaying your trees. Thanks for sharing!

Here are a few more during early spring until now in no specific order.

Italian suit sharp with a little dose of blue suede shoes. MiraiElm reigned in nicely and great to see the @Roy Minarai pot make a cameo with it's planting.
Someday I'll bring a little "Housecoat and Hennessey" if you'd like?;):D:D:D:D:D:D
Swank!!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Very cool! Some inventive and creative ways you guys are finding in displaying your trees. Thanks for sharing!

Here are a few more during early spring until now in no specific order.

Very nice! How do you do your slab plantings?

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Very nice! How do you do your slab plantings?

Thanks Cable! Sorry not sure what exactly you may be asking? Can you be more specific?

Italian suit sharp with a little dose of blue suede shoes. MiraiElm reigned in nicely and great to see the @Roy Minarai pot make a cameo with it's planting.
Someday I'll bring a little "Housecoat and Hennessey" if you'd like?;):D:D:D:D:D:D
Swank!!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Well hell when you put it that way! Sure anytime!! :D:p

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Do you use “muck” to build it up like I’ve seen some suggest? Or rocks hidden under the moss? Some of your pics seem to have a small fence erected.

I’m interested in trying it but don’t know which method to use.

Rid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I love the illuminated forest. I think that’s the first time I’ve seen bonsai with night lighting

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Do you use “muck” to build it up like I’ve seen some suggest? Or rocks hidden under the moss? Some of your pics seem to have a small fence erected.

I’m interested in trying it but don’t know which method to use.

Yes I use muck to build a small retaining wall around the entire perimeter. Then it is filled with soil. In this case I used straight akadama. I then applied some plastic mesh around to prevent excessive soil erosion while the roots take hold.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Yes I use muck to build a small retaining wall around the entire perimeter. Then it is filled with soil. In this case I used straight akadama. I then applied some plastic mesh around to prevent excessive soil erosion while the roots take hold.
Is the slab concrete or rock? Does it have holes?
Your fault I had to buy beech seedlings!!!

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

Thanks for the info, yours looks wonderful!

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Is the slab concrete or rock? Does it have holes?
Your fault I had to buy beech seedlings!!!

Max, the slab is granite probably sourced from somewhere in the Northeast. This one does not have holes. It gently slopes downwards on all sides allowing for water to drain. Good luck with your beech. They are absolutely beautiful trees but in some ways challenging.

Thanks for the info, yours looks wonderful!

Sure. Thanks again!

Deeej

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Realy amazing gardens you all got there!

To bad the bank didnt work with me on buying my passed away grandpa's house wich had quite a bit bigger garden than we have now so we have to do with what we have now were still young so who knows what the future might bring!
I see you have your ficus wrapped up, I'm guessing it's to provide humidity in order to grow aerial roots? If so, did that work? I've been debating doing that with a few of my ficus.

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I see you have your ficus wrapped up, I'm guessing it's to provide humidity in order to grow aerial roots? If so, did that work? I've been debating doing that with a few of my ficus.

It was a fail!
But it was recently repotted at that time and from what i understand being rootbound helps growing the aerial roots.

Ive seen a way to do so recently
Place the ficus in a empty aquarium/terarium and keep the humudity high and the soil drom the pot to the drier side (not completely dry ofcourse)
It will grow aerial roots like mad
Im going to try this myself this fall/winter this year when it goes back inside again

If you search on ficus and my username you will find a thread somewere that has the full details of my attempt!

Deeej

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
It was a fail!
But it was recently repotted at that time and from what i understand being rootbound helps growing the aerial roots.

Ive seen a way to do so recently
Place the ficus in a empty aquarium/terarium and keep the humudity high and the soil drom the pot to the drier side (not completely dry ofcourse)
It will grow aerial roots like mad
Im going to try this myself this fall/winter this year when it goes back inside again

If you search on ficus and my username you will find a thread somewere that has the full details of my attempt!
Ah that's a bummer, I guess I'll scratch that idea then. And yeah I've heard about the root bound and letting it dry methods. I'll give this a try, gotta find a big tupperware bin to put them in I guess!

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Ah that's a bummer, I guess I'll scratch that idea then. And yeah I've heard about the root bound and letting it dry methods. I'll give this a try, gotta find a big tupperware bin to put them in I guess!

https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/the-starter-ficus-repository.27445/
^^^^^^^^^
This thread is all about ficus post your tree there may be some good stuff in there about growing aerial roots not sure tough

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
This looks great! My experience with this work is that use, and weather sets them perfectly, can always adjust em too.

Top Bottom