My non traditional bonsai

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is a 5 week old canine bonsai. Subspecies: Germanus Shepherdus.
Rupert.
I picked him from a selection of 8. His mother rejected the litter last week. In one day he is already learning his name. He is the third German Shepherd I have the privilege of being his owner.
He picked which pot he wanted. I think an unglazed would have been the better choice but how many of our projects pick their own pot?2015-06-13 12.40.55.jpg

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Rupert is enormously cute. mame now, shohin next week, chuchin in 6 months, 4 man in a year or less! Rescue?

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Rupert is enormously cute. mame now, shohin next week, chuchin in 6 months, 4 man in a year or less! Rescue?
I got him from a breeder. But his mom started being mean and nipping her pups. It was her first litter. I don't know if that has anything to do with her behavior or not. She is a wonderful dog in every other respect.
My wife swears he's grown some since we got him.
I also love cats but the landlord doesnt. I would have a cat in a heartbeat just for V.C. control. But I am a dog guy through and through.
He is actually getting housebreaking down. The brain power of these dogs is amazing when you know how to bring it out. But mainly his job right now is to be cute. He's an expert at it already.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I get a new puppy also in January! I can't wait!

Excellent. I'm happy for you! Nothing like knowing something that no matter how you feel or how bad of a day you had puts a smile on your face.

akhater

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Big German shepherd lover here, my boy (a working line) just turned 1 today.

Enjoy puppyhood they grow up so fast

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Understandable. Does it respond well to pinching?
;)

I'm not pinching my puppy! You brute!
Enjoy puppyhood they grow up so fast

Swear he's grown already.
Needs wire to reestablish an apex.

He found a piece of wire out by where I work on my trees. He ran around with it for a good 3 minutes before he collapsed. He wears out fast. But that will change in a few months.

ColinFraser

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
My Scottish terrier is definitely bonsai - he's got a short thick trunk and small limbs! I leave the "hedge clipping method" to the pros every couple of months . . .

Top Bottom