My own winter silhouettes show in IE!!

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This flowering peach is still needed lot of years to be good. It has lot of flowering buds right now! I love this tree because it always blooms right in the Tet (Vietnamese's New Year). The flowering peach is one of few flowers which presents the traditional Tet in Vietnam.
2.png 3.png 4.png

Bonhe

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I want to share with you about the importance of the rain water for the tree health.
I am living in the dry hot area, with the summer temperature could go up to 105 F degrees easily! The amount of the rain water is very little especially in the last few years we had severe drought here! The tap water is hard water! Because of that, the rain water is liked "the gold water" for me. I have been tried to collect whatever rain water I could. My tap water used to be alkaline with pH ~ 8 but recently it went down to 7 (may be the city have used different water source?). The rain water has pH ~ 6. I love it! I have only used the rain water for spraying on the new transplanted trees which is so far so good!
1.png
Bonhe

Stan Kengai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I want to share with you about the importance of the rain water for the tree health.
I am living in the dry hot area, with the summer temperature could go up to 105 F degrees easily! The amount of the rain water is very little especially in the last few years we had severe drought here! The tap water is hard water! Because of that, the rain water is liked "the gold water" for me. I have been tried to collect whatever rain water I could. My tap water used to be alkaline with pH ~ 8 but recently it went down to 7 (may be the city have used different water source?). The rain water has pH ~ 6. I love it! I have only used the rain water for spraying on the new transplanted trees which is so far so good!
View attachment 89323
Bonhe
Good news is that your azaleas should be loving that pH5 water.

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Good news is that your azaleas should be loving that pH5 water.
Bad news is that azalea was not survived in my yard! It needs a lot of humidity and moderate sunlight which I could not offer!
Bonhe

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I pulled this one out this morning to do some cleaning and pruning works.
I really love its natural deadwood! Its branch ramification comes along well.
Before.
2.png

After.
3.png 4.png

This branch has got combined training with wire and clip and grow techniques.
5.png

Natural deadwood with lot of shari, jin, uro
6.png 7.png

Bonhe

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Its right side.
1.png

Closer front.
8.png

Bonhe

JohnDoses

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The cork elm was transplanted to the new pot on New Year! ;)

Bonhe

I love how gnarly the first 6 inches of the trunk are, and the taper. Mine is straight with no taper, something to work towards!

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I love how gnarly the first 6 inches of the trunk are, and the taper. Mine is straight with no taper, something to work towards!
Thank you. Please share your tree with us. Thanks.
Bonhe

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Another pomegranate was pruned this morning.
Before.
1.png 2.png

I removed whatever branches go straight upward or downward. Also removed any branch not suitable in final image. I want to give the branch a gnarled line as much as possible.
After.

3.png 10.png

Bonhe

JohnDoses

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Recently purchased, I haven't done any work on it other than keep it alive this winter. I can't decide if I want to keep it feminine, slender, tall and work on the branches, or try to fatten the trunk up as much as i can and shorten it. Any thoughts? I am very new to bonsai by the way, go easy on me! :)

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Recently purchased, I haven't done any work on it other than keep it alive this winter. I can't decide if I want to keep it feminine, slender, tall and work on the branches, or try to fatten the trunk up as much as i can and shorten it. Any thoughts? I am very new to bonsai by the way, go easy on me! :)
:) First of all, welcome to bonsai world.
I think you make good decision to let the tree accommodate with the new environment prior to any work.
It is up to you to decide what style for the tree because you are the one to look at the tree every day! :)
I saw some defects in A and B?
I think these two lower branches are too straight upward. They make the tree look young. I would bring them down as green lines.
IMG_3347.jpg
If you want to fat up the lower trunk, you may have to leave these 3 branches grow uncheck but keep an eye on this area to make sure it will not become a bulging issue. Those branches in pink circle I would remove them.
IMG_3348.jpg

But don't follow my words. It is up to your style. :)

p/s: elm is very good in response to pruning. You can remove all the branches at the winter. The tree will push out a lot of shoots in the spring. At that time, you can choose which one you want to keep for final image and remove others. It will have lot of fun to play with elm.

You may create the own post for this tree, so that other people can easy to give you their ideas and also easy for you to get back to your tree in the future! :)
Bonhe

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The cork elm was in the strong gusty wind 70 mph yesterday!!!
untitled.png1.png

Bonhe

Reactions: Vin
Top Bottom