Nana's first styling

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Long way to go yes:) This tree was going to be a cascade but, a slight change in plans now.

current front

back

side. here you can see where the branch was cut

other side

TheSteve

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I like this tree and it's always good to see more nana's in use but the trunk bothers me a bit. To me it goes to the back way too far and even though you've pulled the apex back to the front it's still pretty obvious (in a picture at least). Good work though and a long way from a cascade.;)

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
I like it. The nebare or what I can see of it looks pretty good for a junie , especially a nana

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Steve, you're correct on the trunk. I will have to do something about that in the future.

Dwight, thanks, this is my karate kid cutter tree:) (no disrespect to Mr Nagatoshi)

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
BTW , Mr Nagatoshi has procumbus and pro nanas all over the place it his nursery. Some are absolutely spactular ( sp ? ) with thick trunks and lots of dead wood. As far as I could tell all still had the juvinal foilage as well.

Klytus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
If a jutting peak of a rock could be found and introduced into the gap between the lower left area and the upper section it could look quite interesting.

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Dwight, I can only wish to view Mr Nagatoshi's trees in person. I bet they look awesome & for the record, I loved Karate Kid 3 (for the bonsai)

Klytus, that is an interesting thought. I will let this tree fill in some & then reassess this tree (different angles maybe?)

MattE

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3b
Thats a nice tree, id love to see what it looks like now in days

Top Bottom