Need Help! Japanese Juniper

V3gasMan

Seed
Reaction score
As the title indicates I need some help with my juniper. It’s browning very badly. I bought it in FL but I now love in Richmond, VA. It stays outside and gets afternoon sun. Advice?269383

Last edited:

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Can you give us more information? What have you done to it recently? When did this start? Have you changed watering habits? That sort of thing.

Silentrunning

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
A couple of mine are doing the same thing. I sure hope that there isn’t some kind of disease going around.

bonsaichile

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
It could be either mites or tip blight. Apply an insecticede soap and a week later a course of daconil

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Spider mites don't do well in cold weather. So the issue should not progress if the temperatures are getting lower, if it's in fact spider mites.
Junipers have the tendency to go golden brownish when temperatures drop, but this looks more like what I've seen after a poorly timed repot and less proper aftercare.

We could use more information.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
It doesn’t look like spider mites. It looks more mechanical (damaged by banging it into something on the move?) or chemical (spilled something on it?). Either way, it should be in full sun all day, be sure it’s getting enough water, and when it stabilizes I’d remove everything that is dead. Unless it continues to show more damage, it looks like it could pull through. post a follow-up photo in a week or two before you remove anything dead and let’s see if it has gotten worse or if the damage is contained to what we se in the OP.

V3gasMan

Seed
Reaction score
Sorry for the late response but I recently repoted it. I use the fertilizer once every two weeks or so

Top Bottom