New Arrangement

Laputa

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
DSC01558.jpgDSC01559.jpgDSC01560.jpgDSC01561.jpgDSC01557.jpg

This is the new outside setup. Did a little work today; continuing to treat the fungus fly problem on the Trident. Neem oil and cinnamon combo is working very well. Little farts were writhing after the Neem application, and the adult flies wont touch the cinnamon, they kinda just hover over the soil then peace out.

Just got in the Dawn Redwood today, pretty excited about it. Removed the moss from the trunk but I'm a little worried about the moss on the soil, curious to see if its going to aid or inhibit the gnats that have been loitering. The tree smells really different, sweet and piny low notes, and its definitely a sight to see. Gonna wire this bad boy something awful next season, tons of new growth though.

Lastly is the moss garden, pot, tray thing. Picked up all the plants from a quick walk around the neighborhood. I took a wet napkin and a chopstick went around to shaded area picking up tiny plants for this fairy garden contest I want to enter in. Rocks and statues have been hanging around for a while, so i put them to work.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Looks like a productive day! Thanks for sharing! Here most everything is trying to shut down for Winter so not much to do really.

Grimmy

Top Bottom