New here and to bonsai, nice to meet you

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Thanks a lot, do i keep watering them?
They will use almost no water at this time of year so their watering needs will be next to nothing. Just make sure they don't dry out bone dry... and make sure they don't stay saturated wet. For the most part, my cold hardy trees just sit out on the bench and I do nothing to them all winter. If we have a week of dry weather I might check just to make sure they aren't completely drying out, and if so might give them a light watering. But don't overdo it.

Dux

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
They will use almost no water at this time of year so their watering needs will be next to nothing. Just make sure they don't dry out bone dry... and make sure they don't stay saturated wet. For the most part, my cold hardy trees just sit out on the bench and I do nothing to them all winter. If we have a week of dry weather I might check just to make sure they aren't completely drying out, and if so might give them a light watering. But don't overdo it.
Thanks a lot for your wisdom! I will keep an eye on them, really looking forward to spring!

Dux

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Hi, do i pinch these candles to keep them from growing? Can some one tell me how to keep them small? Any advice on what to do now? Im too scared to do something

IMG_2838.jpegIMG_2837.jpeg

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Oh whoah!

Your first post!?!?

Sorry, more coffee necessary. 🤪

*Clears throat*

Greetings, wayward stranger! Welcome to our particular clearing of the "TinyForest". I assume the smoke signals assisted your navigation. Or maybe it was the rhythmic pounding of drums, present in the hypnotic hymns of the Woody Dwarves (Pa-Is).

Either way, we will chuck a bale of papaver straw on the fire, and fill a goblet of Ayahuasca, in honor of your arrival.

This place is a wonderful, communal library, filled with knowledge and experience.

Read what you need...

When you are ready, start filling your own shelves.

Pleasure to make your acquaintance!

🤓

Dux

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Oh whoah!

Your first post!?!?

Sorry, more coffee necessary. 🤪

*Clears throat*

Greetings, wayward stranger! Welcome to our particular clearing of the "TinyForest". I assume the smoke signals assisted your navigation. Or maybe it was the rhythmic pounding of drums, present in the hypnotic hymns of the Woody Dwarves (Pa-Is).

Either way, we will chuck a bale of papaver straw on the fire, and fill a goblet of Ayahuasca, in honor of your arrival.

This place is a wonderful, communal library, filled with knowledge and experience.

Read what you need...

When you are ready, start filling your own shelves.

Pleasure to make your acquaintance!

🤓
Haha nice to meet you too! Thanks for your warm welcome and suggestion to contact Japonicus, i've send him a message :)

Dux

Top Bottom