New Ming Aralia

darxy

Seed
Reaction score
Hello! I just purchased a Ming Aralia. It’s main branch is tilting to the side is there any way to help it stay vertical? Also, I tend to keep my AC in the 60s, will this be okay? All suggestions welcome!

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hello! I just purchased a Ming Aralia. It’s main branch is tilting to the side is there any way to help it stay vertical? Also, I tend to keep my AC in the 60s, will this be okay? All suggestions welcome!
NO. These are AFAIK semi/tropical. Too cold they will languish/die:confused:. Picture of branch might help.

darxy

Seed
Reaction score
NO. These are AFAIK semi/tropical. Too cold they will languish/die:confused:. Picture of branch might help.
Thank you so much for responding! Do you know what’s the weather range I should go for? Should I repot the plant? Also, the soil has a smell of mold? It’s the smell dirt gets when it’s been overwatered. I just bought it yesterday so probably it’s previous owner. Not sure If I should remove the top layer of soil. Appreciate any advice!

Attachments

• 49571E74-7D4D-421A-874D-59D0CAD7E2C1.jpeg
    49571E74-7D4D-421A-874D-59D0CAD7E2C1.jpeg
    227.9 KB · Views: 26

lehigh4me

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I chopped and repotted a Ming Aralia about 4 weeks ago. I put it in Bonsai mix. I have 2 others in a well draining soil mix.
I live in Iowa, I have to keep mine inside all winter. I usually reduce watering a little when they aren't growing and the temperature in my basement is about 68 to 70 degrees. They seem to do just fine.

Top Bottom