New Pots?

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So I recieved a couple new pots as a gift. Seeing as I am rather new to this, I haven't had to "marry" any pots and trees. If these were yours, what would you like to plant in them? :):) Feel free to virt some plants into them. Thanks for the help.

-Dave

Attachments

• 000_0019.jpg
    000_0019.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 000_0023.jpg
    000_0023.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 000_0020.jpg
    000_0020.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 000_0022.jpg
    000_0022.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 56

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
I have several trees that would look great in them....Send them to me...:p

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
What sizes are they?? And who is the potter? I like them and the 2nd one is my fav of the 2.

Yamadori

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes it does look like Dale's, except it doesn't have the dark swirl inside. I don't know if he puts them in all of his pots but I see them in many.

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
They are in fact the work of Dale. The crack pot or "dry river bed" is about 7" and the bigger one is about 10" if memory serves me correctly.

Dave

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Though it has not been said I will say it here: Dale makes some of the best pots of any maker in the US that I have had actual contact with. They are solid, heavy, and artistically made; they are of the highest quality. His prices are not outrageous either.

Tink32

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
does Dale have a website? I would like to see more of his work, Thanks

Gary

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Dale's pots are excellent and he is one of the top bonsai potters in the US.

He posts his work regularly on IBC:
http://ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/pots-f3/some-pots-for-the-new-gallery-t249.htm

Both post could be used with either deciduous or coniferous trees. First one would be more suited to a "feminine" tree--maple or Japanese white pine. Second is rougher--aim to make the pot match a ruggedly barked, austere tree.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
He hasn't maintained his page wrt pots for quite some time now. Rockm's link is the best bet.

Has anyone been in touch with Dale recently? He used to post here from time to time but I haven't heard a thing from him in over a year.

Tink32

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for the info everybody, those pots are amazing, especially the bamboo pots and the dry riverbed pots!!!

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Has anyone been in touch with Dale recently? He used to post here from time to time but I haven't heard a thing from him in over a year.
Yes he still comes here...Just to read....He is on FaceBook as well now.

Top Bottom