Newbie on the Loose

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
You seem to have a talent for keeping these trees alive and an eye for design beyond that which we usually see in Newbies. You just need to discover the direction you want to go and decide what you consider good design.

Totally agree!

ERIKA

Yamadori
Reaction score
Very creative...

I love the last one..the pinch in the pot...
The angle in the roots...
Wonderful!

Sorce

I got confused while following the thread of conversations... I replied earlier on your comment (this comment) while reading someone else's comment simultaneously and somehow mixed up the names ... Sorry ... It was not intentional

Bonsaihead

Mame
Reaction score
David is very knowledgeable and articulate. He's a great guy as well. He was the curator of Weyerhaeuser's Pacific Rim collection. He knows his stuff. William Valavanis's book, Classical Bonsai Art, is well worth the investment as
David is very knowledgeable and articulate. He's a great guy as well. He was the curator of Weyerhaeuser's Pacific Rim collection. He knows his stuff. William Valavanis's book, Classical Bonsai Art, is well worth the investment as well.
William Valavanis's book, Classical Bonsai Art? Got it, I'll put it next on books to get. Thanks for the recommendation!

TyroTinker

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
David is very knowledgeable and articulate. He's a great guy as well. He was the curator of Weyerhaeuser's Pacific Rim collection. He knows his stuff. William Valavanis's book, Classical Bonsai Art, is well worth the investment as well.
That's cool to know. Weyerhaeuser's Pacific Rim collection is the only bonsai I've actually been exposed to in person. Everything else is from the the internet or people's stories. Really cool trees there.

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You’ve already got better trees than some people who’s been here for a whole year

TyroTinker

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
That's cool to know. Weyerhaeuser's Pacific Rim collection is the only bonsai I've actually been exposed to in person. Everything else is from the the internet or people's stories. Really cool trees there.
By "there" I mean at the pacific rim collection, not people's stories. But thise stories have cool trees too, from what I hear ;)

Top Bottom