No great explanation, I just do

fourteener

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've had this tree for awhile . I love it for its color. The leaves reduce so it can be okay. It is one of those trees I keep around that really has no great future. But every spring I get to take in its cool chartreuse, eye popping color. Got a tree that doesn't make much sense but you love it anyway?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 223

KayaMooney

Mame
Reaction score
Not every tree can make it into a show.. As long as you have fun with it and enjoy looking at it that's what really matters.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yup.
This Coreana hornbeam has suffered the ravages of me for a few years now.
This is it's best year yet.I am learning to make these trees thrive,and also root pruning techniques.Just observing.I am trying to have great color in autumn.
It will probably go in the ground eventually for an informal upright stock to chop.Maybe just stay with this container on the porch though.
Your maple is quite cool,thanks for sharing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 172

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
All of my trees at times...Haha. Is that a full moon variety?

fourteener

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
All of my trees at times...Haha. Is that a full moon variety?

It's not a japanese maple of any sort. It's some gold variety of maple sold in nurseries here in MN.

Looking at the nursery website where I got this tree, I'm pretty sure this is a Norway Maple "Princeton Gold"

Last edited:

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
It's definitely has a very interesting leaf and color. Don't blame you for keeping that one around. What color does it get in the fall?

fourteener

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's definitely has a very interesting leaf and color. Don't blame you for keeping that one around. What color does it get in the fall?

It turns to light green in the summer and a pretty vivid yellow in the fall. Spring is its glory for sure.

Evan

Seedling
Reaction score
Nice maple. I just was given a tree like this and did a search to find it was a Norway Maple. I have no idea what it likes, but seems as if you've done just fine with yours! Gives me inspiration, thanks!

Alain

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Yep, I've got this one.

I think it's a privet (really not sure of that).
I collected it last year and I still don't know (if it's not dead as for the moment it didn't bud much, but this spring is a mess) what I'll do with it.
The normal way would certainly be: chop and let grow to try to get a nice short/strong taper tree but I just love the fact that it has actually a close to perfect trunk line...
Also, something one can't see on the picture, it has 3 nice thick roots perfectly disposed at the base (like a hippy sign), way to long roots for a short tree, perfect sized roots for this height of tree.
:)

So may be I'll just try to get some nice foliage pads.
Or may be just re-plant it somewhere in my yard.
Anyway I love it.

DSC03851.JPG

:)

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pretty much all my trees are just because... Having fun and learning a lot tho.

Top Bottom