Olive Repoting

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Just curious since we are virtually in the same area. Is now a good time to repot elaeagnus? It is also a Mediterranean species with waxy leaves so I am hoping they react the same?
Thanks!
That would be a silverberry...if not mistaken. I believe @JudyB has one of those...and can answer your question for you more than I can. I don't own the species...and wouldn't wish to offer incorrect advice.

roberthu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
That would be a silverberry...if not mistaken. I believe @JudyB has one of those...and can answer your question for you more than I can. I don't own the species...and wouldn't wish to offer incorrect advice.
Sorry I meant to reply to @Adair M but I clicked on the wrong button.

Pads

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
In my climate I grow olives in 90% inorganic (pumice 2-5mm) and 10% organic. So I would go for 100% pumice in the UK.

I have collected stumps with no roots at any time between early spring and mid-summer and have all survived.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
. it is clearly wrong, as proven by people here, which kinda solves that problem!

Feller, sorry I'm late to this party, but the last bit of helpful advice you got was from Leo.

No one has proven anything.

All these folks know a zone 9-11 tree isn't going to act the same in 7-8.

So don't ask me why the backwardness.

Sorce

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Really late to the party so not sure how helpful I am but I’m in the same zone. Repotted my olive ..when was it now @sorce ? two week back? It’s doing absolutely fine and seems happy with the repot. Even had some new growth.
I repotted because it was in a poor soil composition and had not been doing well at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom