One of my favorite pots

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I just received this one from @penumbra . Pictures don't do the glaze justice. View attachment 289301View attachment 289302
Nice color combination and depth control. In the upper pot glaze I can even see the sun setting on the left side. In the lower pot.....the lower area resembling a sandy shoreline with the water in the middle heading out to the horizon, and then, a massive wave about to crash on the shore. Sweet!

PiñonJ

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
@Dav4, looking back at your original post, I realize you didn't actually ask for people to post their favorite pots. Hope you don't mind that that's what the thread became!
New acquisition by Me and Raimondi (ceramicist partners from Slovenia). I bought it for my shohin Aspen.
fullsizeoutput_23da.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_23dc.jpeg

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
@Dav4, looking back at your original post, I realize you didn't actually ask for people to post their favorite pots. Hope you don't mind that that's what the thread became!
New acquisition by Me and Raimondi (ceramicist partners from Slovenia). I bought it for my shohin Aspen.
View attachment 313452
View attachment 313453
Ha ha! Yeah, that ship sailed years ago!! Fwiw, I enjoy seeing everyone else's faves, so this thread has continued to be a favorite of mine... really like the pot you posted above, too ;)

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
8!? Wow...I thought this started like 4 years ago tops.

Sorce
Still haven’t paired anything with the pot that was first pictured in this thread... with diligence and s little luck, I figure I’ve got another 20-25 years to fix that🙏

EricMack

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Very pleased to add this pair of pots into my modest garden. I'm sure a few of you might have heard of Peter Krebs (Germany). He's retired, but still occasionally makes a very few pots available on his site. Great guy, really enjoyed our conversations while I waited (first one ordered in June). Now I have all Winter to ponder if I have any trees that make sense for either of these, although they are so beautiful, I won't mind admiring Peter's work even empty.
Posting his pics, since it will be a while before I could take any decent ones of my own. Feeling blessed today :)

k-068 2003 b.jpgk-068 2003 c.jpgk-068 2003 d.jpgk-068 2003 e.jpg

k-150 Drachensymbol I a virtu.jpgk-150 Drachensymbol I a.jpgk-150 Drachensymbol I c.jpgk-150 Drachensymbol I d.jpgk-150 Drachensymbol I e.jpgk-150 Drachensymbol I g.jpg

EricMack

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Peter Krebs

Wow, wonderful work!

Yes, very nice work. His site has galleries full of his past works, much of which is truly exceptional. A true artist.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Not a bonsai pot, just a concrete flower pot with 3-d printing from Etsy. But it was a Christmas present from my son (just arrived today). And it's one of my favorites because he put some thought and heart into getting me something he knew I would really like (can we say purple). His dad got a flashlight.🤫christopher planter.jpg

Top Bottom