pinus sylvestris yamadori

bonsai viking

Seedling
Reaction score
hi every one!! im new on this forum..im situated in sweden heres a lot of forest for yamadori finds...mostly pines and spruses..but in the area i live in there is also many leaf trees birtch oak, aspen ..so on.. heres a pinus sylvestris collected in april- 17 is it ok to do a little needle pluck alredy in august ?..tree is
coming along nicely and made a lot of new candles...i will not prune already
but wodering if the needle pluck is helping to balance the tree or if its disturbing
at this stage..tall lit.jpg

ghues

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Welcome to the nuthouse. R U confident that the tree is aggressively growing roots?...... or is it growing on mostly last years reserves. If it was mine I'd leave it alone this year....why take a chance?
G.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
I would also leave it alone until next year. I have lost a few collected pines by starting work too soon. Sometimes they need more than one season to get established. The vigor of spring's growth will tell you if it is ready. If you are not certain it's ready next year, it probably isn't ready.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Another missed one!

Completely raided by Vikings!

Damn!

Nine! (Nice pine!)

Sorce

Maros

Chumono
Reaction score
Don't touch it now. You'll see how it will respond next year but I think it is not wise do any major work even during next year.

May the Odin protect You.

bonsai viking

Seedling
Reaction score
tanx for advice..i decided to be patient and wait... just get exited to go on when i see al you guys nice
trees..for the moment im mostly facinated in scotts pines.....by the way why scott....im sure they are much more
common in scandinavian forests..or our forests are much bigger...
The pine i posted + several others i collected in april-maj all made new candles and looking like growing...
some facts from the net [Pinus silvestris] silva means forest in latin silvestris means growing in forest..
oldest one in sweden 706 years old , fattest 4.7 meter trunk circumference...in old and hard times people
used to eat the candles to get vitamin c...tall 2 liten.jpg

bonsai viking

Seedling
Reaction score
tall 1 aug 06 -17  liten...2.jpg today 3 new trees raided.. pinus sylvestris 1
tall 2 aug 06 -17  liten..jpgpinus sylvestris 2 50.60 cm tall 6 cm -2 inch trunktall 3 aug 06 -17  liten.2.jpgpinus 3 also with 5-6 cm trunk 60 cm tall..all trees found 15 minutes from my house in a old rocky forest...with help from brother we found the trees and wrapped them up in just 3 hours..viking small 2.jpgalways bring your viking axe to forest!!!
best tool to have in the wildnes....

Top Bottom