PIT-EKA mame pot #3

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
PIT-EKA mame pot #3
Batch #1

A mame drum pot with a blue denim glaze that breaks over each nail head. The tomobako is made from the tree species Liriodendron tulipifera features a wraparound grain construction and a sliding door branded with the PIT-EKA chop. The tomobako is unfinished to age along with the mame pot.

Functionality: Mame bonsai, Shitukusa, or Kusamono

Fired: Cone 6

Measurements:

Mame pot
Outer rim – 1.9” (4.9 cm)
Inner rim – 1.6” (4.1 cm)
Inner width – 1.5” (4.0 cm)
Inner depth – 0.4” (1.2 cm)
Height – 0.7” (1.9 cm)

Tomobako
3” 1/8 (w) x 3” 1/4 (d) x 1” 1/2 (h)

Price: $80 + actual shipping

Payment: check, USPS money order, or PayPal
(PayPal preferred, if payment sent by “Friends & Family” I will offer free US shipping and 50% off international shipping)

Photo_1621131635250.jpgPhoto_1621131636586.jpgPhoto_1619831290928.jpgPhoto_1619831289480.jpg

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I had not realized that you would be building a box for each of your pots. That is pretty amazing. I am so glad you have listed them here and I think the value is apparent I am holding out for a non glazed pot so I will be watching. Well done my friend.

As a side note, I have never seen so many new, first firing pots, turn out with such great glazes. I can assure you that I am almost never getting 100% satisfaction in a glaze firing. I do take a lot of risks experimenting though, so I often achieve specific results on a pot here and there that are not repeatable.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I had not realized that you would be building a box for each of your pots. That is pretty amazing. I am so glad you have listed them here and I think the value is apparent I am holding out for a non glazed pot so I will be watching. Well done my friend.

As a side note, I have never seen so many new, first firing pots, turn out with such great glazes. I can assure you that I am almost never getting 100% satisfaction in a glaze firing. I do take a lot of risks experimenting though, so I often achieve specific results on a pot here and there that are not repeatable.
Thanks! Yes, every pot I make will have a custom box made for it. I plan to make some mame size stands as well, but it will have to wait until lumber prices come back down.

I am very grateful that this firing was so successful and to have not one damaged pot. Pictures can only show so much, but to really appreciate them you have to see them in person. Batch #2 will have a lot more dark unglazed pots. I should be able to make more of them for that firing as the wax resist and glazing step will be skipped.

I am starting a mame revolution!

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Last bump.

Next week pot will be listed off site, this listing will remain up until pot is sold.

Thanks for looking!

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I truly wish I had a tree to put it in, I really like this pot, as well as #6
This was actually one of my keepers. I'm surprised it's still listed.

I can understand that the size may not fit everyone's needs, but it's a pretty cool pot seeing it in person.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Mame pot has been listed offsite. This listing will remain up until pot is marked sold.

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
Sooooo cool. If-even just sitting on a display shelf. 😍

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Still available.....