Please help (center leaves turning brown) BONSAI TREE TANUKI (PHOENIX GRAFT) JAPANESE JUNIPER

12Tony34

Seed
Reaction score
HI,

I'm pretty new to Bonsai

I have a Japanese Juniper.

I live in Southern Ca.
Plant has daily outdoor shade until noon
I then bring it indoor for the remainder of the day
Watering: I water every other day

Attachments

• IMG_6384.JPG
    IMG_6384.JPG
    385.3 KB · Views: 57

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Leave it outside your in California cmon....it needs sunlight and lots of it , if its.really hot afternoon shade is ok

12Tony34

Seed
Reaction score
Here you go and thank you very much
IMG_6385.JPG

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
To save everyone some Time leave it outside forever!! And keep an eye on water what kind of soil is it in ? Others will chime in ... please just research and read

12Tony34

Seed
Reaction score
Thank you for you help. Unfortunately, I don't know what type of soil it is. I bought the plant a month ago.
All the best.

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Keep an eye on watering then and next spring pulp it out and half bare.root with good soil. Use the search tab here there is an abundance of information

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Southern California...

There should be many clubs, or bonsai shops that offer classes and workshops. Start taking some classes. Nothing, absolutely nothing, beats hands on learning with an expert.

Too late to mess with the soil this year, fix it next winter. But study up so you will know what soil to use, and how to do it.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Plant has daily outdoor shade until noon
I then bring it indoor for the remainder of the day

They really do best in Sun and never do good indoors. Looking at it close it is a young plant and needs both... That being said the brown growth won't turn green again and I am guessing it turned brown from lack of light. You and the plant will be happier handled correctly ;)

Grimmy

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Center leaves turn brown because it needs thinning. Get some light into the interior and the browning will correct itself.

Top Bottom