Please Share your Photos

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That is going to be an amazing place when you are done! What are you doing here under your post?
View attachment 246639

That will be filled with concrete up to deck level and then a tapered stone column wrapped around the post up to 3’ or so.

Personally, I’m not thrilled about the plan. I kind of hate stone work that tries to look structural when it’s really not. If we had made the columns first then put the post on top that would be a different story but sometimes there’s a push to get a roof up. Also we would have needed a very wide footing down to frost level (6’).. this floats above ground supported by deck framing to avoid frost heaving. The post itself is on sono tube and Bigfoot. It will probably still be nice enough, I hope.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That is going to be an amazing place when you are done! What are you doing here under your post?
View attachment 246639

I do nice work like that for other people during the day and then come home and bang something like this together! WTF eh?3E535854-B037-46D3-A06F-89EE0ECC06E4.jpeg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Bumpy landing in Anchorage. Spent 3 years up there at Ft Richardson. Great place.
Probably smoother than the puddle jumper he had to take to the salmon cannery ;)

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
More than likely. 😀 Summer job?

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
More than likely. 😀 Summer job?
Yep, one of his buddies does it every year and my son decided it was the thing to do. :confused: No cell service and shitty wi-fi, so limited communication. I can feel my hair turning gray as we speak............

Last edited:

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
With great risk......comes great reward! He will be fine.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Was doing some yard work at my buddy's place....looked to my right and saw this guy lurking mere inches from my head...
Good day mister snake, beautiful weather we're having today.
Carry on defending the yard from ne'er-do-wells.
20190615_175421.jpg
Looks like he's getting ready to shed with those cloudy eyes....

Top Bottom