Pocket Knives

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
got this a few months ago from Dan Harrison in East Texas. D-2 tool steel, 58-59 Rockwell, and sambar handle danharrison1.jpg

Last edited:

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@wireme
Here's one I found....
These strands I was stripping look just like some shit at Pier One...or the Pottery Barn.....
So my daughter and I put this together!20160102_075843.jpg

Crazy thing, I could put 1920's wire in it and keep it "period correct".

Crazier....we did a overnight welding job in a up and running Pottery Barn once...
Wicker baskets, dried flowers, sheer tableclothes......
God Damn Tinderbox!

Full Circle.....the old Polish Guy we work with.....the Cowboy pictured elsewhere here....torch cutting over the "flammables keep fire away" sign.....
He doesn't speak any English.....
But understands fire.....
So I had to say, "no Fire or (motion with Pocket Knife)" so he knew we ought not burn the place down!

Same 66 year old feller that put a 22 hour work day in at the beginning of that job....
For those, "youngins who are never 'wrong' "..... And their parents.
Stop being God Damn Sissies!

Sorce

Heavy_Set

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7/8
Today it is the Northwoods knives Norfolk whittler in ebony covers, made by Great Eastern Cutlery.20160507_080201.jpgFeaturing my baby JM seedlings:D

Chad D

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
C-H-A-D to tha D, in tha studio, its tha place to be

R.I.P MCA
LOL. I just remember 'It's time to get ill'.

I have a candaru I gave my son for his first knife, original izula, Esee 3, Esee 6, and soon to get the jungales or a BK9. can't decide. I'm really a fallkniven man all the way though. colt, F1, S1, and the amazing A1.

Heavy_Set

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7/8
LOL. I just remember 'It's time to get ill'.

I have a candaru I gave my son for his first knife, original izula, Esee 3, Esee 6, and soon to get the jungales or a BK9. can't decide. I'm really a fallkniven man all the way though. colt, F1, S1, and the amazing A1.
Junglas>BK9
I believe there is still a video on youtube where a guy batons an ESEE5 thru a BK2......He starts out with the 5 in the vise and hammers the 2 to it edge to edge...after a short time its clear that the 5 is cutting into the 2 so he switches them....

Long story short ESEE/Rowen wins vs. Becker/KaBar by superior steel & heat treat

Nothin against Becker or Kabar, both great companies & uncle Ethan is a helluva guy!!!

.....i need to get some Fallknivens again, sadly i sold all mine off a several years ago to buy my "house" (an 20' 1986 toyota huntsman). I was sad to let Thor,Idun & Njord go but i could barely bring myself to even take them out of the house.....Idun came on a few outings but the rest always stayed safe at home

...been doin the tiny house thing since before it was cool to live in a tiny box

Last edited:

Gunstock

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I never kept collecting knives for some reason maybe when I got the one that's too big to put in my pocket is why.
IM000973.JPG

GSCarlson

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
The Kershaw is a SUPER knife. I carry one everyday and own four. Found the first in the road and bought three at once for $125, which is a DEAL!
I thought I lost mine for a few days and I was pretty upset. But then I found it behind the cushion of a chair. Definitely a knife worth replacing.

Top Bottom