Portulacaria Afra

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Burly trunk and a nice tight canopy. I like it. Though it could look pretty good a little thinned out up top, I think....:D
A much smaller pot would really look nice.....the trunk would look so much bigger.
:cool:

eferguson1974

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
How old is it? I like it a lot. Sorces idea is perfect IMO. I wonder if mine will get that fat. Has it always been in a pot? And was it taller and chopped?

KingJades

Shohin
Reaction score
@JoesBonsai How do you get the trunk so wide like that starting with a fresh plant? Do you keep chopping it or does this happen from growing it out to a super tall stalk and cutting back when it gets to the thickness you want?

JoesBonsai

Sapling
Reaction score
@JoesBonsai How do you get the trunk so wide like that starting with a fresh plant? Do you keep chopping it or does this happen from growing it out to a super tall stalk and cutting back when it gets to the thickness you want?
Hi GoldenEagle,

The best way to thicken up your base is to do a trunk split, first do one side then leave to heal before you do other side
Use the correct tool according to your base size.

Attachments

• btf6-bonsai-trunk-splitter-big.jpg
    btf6-bonsai-trunk-splitter-big.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 56

YukiShiro

Chumono
Reaction score
Hennops River Valley,Gauteng,South Africa
USDA Zone
8b
I have been working on this Dwarf Jade for a number of years, broom style what do you guys think ?
Howzit Boet, I really like this spekkie!

opening up the canopy a bit will make it look like a baobab, if that is what you want, I like it just the way it is. It looks like a very old tree in a field.
smaller pot would look nice me thinks. one with green and grey glaze...definitely a square pot to showcase that masculine trunk

best regards
Herman

JoesBonsai

Sapling
Reaction score
Howzit Boet, I really like this spekkie!

opening up the canopy a bit will make it look like a baobab, if that is what you want, I like it just the way it is. It looks like a very old tree in a field.
smaller pot would look nice me thinks. one with green and grey glaze...definitely a square pot to showcase that masculine trunk

best regards
Herman

Hi Bud
The search is on for a good pot ☺☺☺ Thanks for your comments

Regards
Joe

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I like it a lot. It looks like a lot of trees in your area from what I could see on photos (like Fredman's avatar), real "local" bonsai.

Top Bottom