Post a picture of your SMALLEST bonsai!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
USDA Zone
Great thread. Love the pots on all these as well!
Smoke and Robert, these must take a lot of time keeping them looking so perfect.

Thanks Judy. Making super mini bonsai is more difficult than shohin or mame because they should still look like big tree in such small size. Maintenance is even more difficult especially with the super mini pot.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
USDA Zone
I can't even imagine how you would keep it watered in warm or hot weather! Maybe you could hire a tiny chipmunk to water them. Oh, but they'd probably want to chew the bark... so - no chipmunk!

It's not hard to believe that it's harder to make these micro bonsai look believable, so little to work with, but it must all be perfect. Thanks for posting them.

USDA Zone
Twigs in a pot

I grow a lot of plants from seed every year so I always have seedlings sitting around. In order to do something with them, the last couple of years I've planted some shohin forests. Here are two that I planted last year.

Japanese maple 1.jpg Trident maple 2.jpg

USDA Zone
didn't know this post existed. I spend a lot of time away from home, only way to make such tiny trees survive is if i travel with them.