Post your "convolutions" à la BonsaiQ

Gert

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
If you've watched the BonsaiQ channel, you'll know there is a presenter named Hiruma that has a 'sickness' for bending and shrinking mini junipers. Was curious if anyone else has caught the bug. If so, post them here!

This was a stick straight kishu whip before. I think the intention with these is to get a much more pronounced bend and not necessarily the coil that I have at the base. But in this case, the juniper I was working seemed too firm to get a tight bend instead of the general curve I have here. I also realize the bends and coils I've put into mine follow the same flow/pattern and don't have enough randomness. But I suppose that can be saved for the next one I try.

Either way it was good practice and a lot of fun.

1706372327742.png

Last edited:

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
I also do quite a few twisted small trees.
This juniper has really tight twists down low. The trunk goes around then down and back up on the right side. As the trunk has thickened the twists have almost fused together. Unless I make some shari those bends will fully fuse into a massive lump.
IMG_2119.jpg
Some more shimpaku junipers twisted.

IMG_1716.jpgIMG_1715.jpgIMG_1714.jpgIMG_1712.jpgIMG_1705.jpgIMG_1700.jpgIMG_1703.jpg

Also been trying some twisted deciduous like @jeremy_norbury but they seem to be a little more difficult to get it right. Lots of broken stems and only a few good trunks so far.

Attachments

• IMG_1722.jpg
    IMG_1722.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1724.jpg
    IMG_1724.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom