Pre Bonsai Dealers?

Roberts

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi,
Not in the area that your asking about, but if you ever get down to the Panama City, Florida area, there's a bonsai gentleman selling off his private collection in an anticipation of moving. He has about 300 bonsai and 50%+ of them are are pre-bonsai. If interested PM me for his name and phone#. He does not ship, pick up only.

I have no monetary interest in this. Just a really nice guy I met while snow-birding this winter,and pick up a few trees from him. Nice prices too.

Robert

Attachments

• DSCN0441.jpg
    DSCN0441.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCN0442.jpg
    DSCN0442.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Nothing personal, but this guys NUTS !
keep it green,
Harry

Actually Harry at one point in time (about a decade ago) he had the best material on the east coast and because of that could charge for it. I'm afraid that those times have come and gone though his prices are not reflecting that. Also for some reason he hasn't taken down some of his sold trees in years, as I own one of the posted sold trees. With more growers entering the bonsai scene and more and more "good" material being available knee jerk reactions like yours is common to vendors that haven't or won't catch up with the times. Guess this is a good sign that bonsai in the good ole USA is evolving...into what still needs to be determined.

Just my take :rolleyes:

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Actually Harry at one point in time (about a decade ago) he had the best material on the east coast and because of that could charge for it. I'm afraid that those times have come and gone though his prices are not reflecting that. Also for some reason he hasn't taken down some of his sold trees in years, as I own one of the posted sold trees. With more growers entering the bonsai scene and more and more "good" material being available knee jerk reactions like yours is common to vendors that haven't or won't catch up with the times. Guess this is a good sign that bonsai in the good ole USA is evolving...into what still needs to be determined.

Just my take :rolleyes:

Just my opinion, good trees and good material don't cost in the thousands, I have some trees better than anthing he has on his site, not bragging, just stating the facts . Just for you Tom what would this guy ask for my ponderosa I bought for Colin, and he has nothing near that quality, in my opinion.

keep it green,
Harry

Last edited:

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Tom what would this guy ask for my ponderosa I bought for Colin, and he has nothing near that quality, in my opinion.
keep it green,
Harry

My guess is about 5 or 6 K...but that is just an out of the blue guess based on what I saw in the past. However, If anyone paid more than 1500 for that ponderosa must have polished off a bottle of single malt ;)

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Oh, I don't know if he's all that crazy...SOME of the stuff on the site is not all that expensive --FOR WHAT IT IS...Look at some of the large korean hornbeam, japanese maples and a few other things in the squat stump list ...Sure, alot of it is overpriced and can be had for less than one third what he's asking, but....of course you have to know what's what...:D

Last edited:

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Nothing personal, but this guys NUTS !

keep it green,
Harry

Harry; this comment could be interpreted either way. Is he nuts because of his nice material? (positive) or is he nuts because of the prices he charages? (negative) Could you be more specific about your comment? :)

flor1

Shohin
Reaction score
Plant city Bonsai not to far from you maybe 3.5 hours just there last week good selection fair pricing has some big junnipers in right now got one for a class there in a couple of weeks. Call ahead to be sure there open. Good Luck

Top Bottom