procumbens nana 1-year progression

Zournathan

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Looking good!

I'd like to get a juniper but most of the ones I've found for sale around here are "Green Mound Junipers" which are so densely packed with foliage that it's impossible to check the trunk size/shape.

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looking good!

I'd like to get a juniper but most of the ones I've found for sale around here are "Green Mound Junipers" which are so densely packed with foliage that it's impossible to check the trunk size/shape.

That is exactly what this was, a sprawling mound in a nursery can. I think it usually sells for around $6 at HD/Lowe's. Go for it!

Dave

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
a bit of thinning as summer draws to a close. Some shoots were left untouched to thicken some weaker branches. before/after

Attachments

• 100_0250.jpg
    100_0250.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 100_0257.jpg
    100_0257.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 90

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
End of the growing season update. Repot due for spring vote here.

Attachments

• 100_0307.jpg
    100_0307.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 70

digger714

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Ive always thought that the fun of a pro nana is getting in there and seeing what kind of trunk you have. With these, its kind of a challenge to feel your way around the tree since it is so thick. Ive done a dozen of 1 gallon pro nanas just to practice, and see what they can take, and learn to find the tree inside of the bush, lol. I trimmed them all back to a single line, then planted them in the ground. So i figue ill get to style it again in a few years after its thickend up. They were on sale for 2.25, so i got a bunch last year to play with. You can pretty much get something out of any of them, so looking too hard doesnt help alot, but good trees to learn on, and if ya kill it, then you know what not to do without spending a fortune.

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Repotted. I'm gonna let it grow for a bit now before i cut it back pretty good again.

Dave

Attachments

• 100_0411.jpg
    100_0411.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_0412.jpg
    100_0412.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 52

bonsaiTOM

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Dave, I think the little guy's going to love his new "peoples choice" pot. It will take some serious time to settle in and get really handsome. But he's well on his way. Nice so far.

Top Bottom