Progression of One of My Bald Cypress

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
UPDATE:

I removed the three lowest limbs to show some more trunk. Thinned some of the foliage and wired some of the new growth. Working on the apex, I will tighten it up later this summer.

DSC09750-1.jpg

DSC09754-1.jpg

DSC09757-1.jpg

DSC09764-1.jpg

Here is a couple of shots of the hot, stagnant water that I grow it in.

DSC09753-1.jpg

DSC09767-1.jpg

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
UPDATE:

I had some time today so the big guy got a make over, here is what he looked like before I started:

DSC09868-1.jpg

The apex is a hot mess...

DSC09870-1.jpg

The wires are starting to cut in

DSC09872-1.jpg

DSC09873-1.jpg

More of that hot mess apex

DSC09904-1.jpg

DSC09905-1.jpg

Thinned out a little

DSC09907-1.jpg

SU2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
A+ man!!!! Thanks for posting these BC progressions, you do such a great job it's really educational to follow these (and just awesome seeing great material being worked right!!)

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Tjose appear to be some unusually deep pots. Are they plasric or mica? What is your source? I have some big BCs that need deep pots until I can reduce their roots enough for shallow trays.

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Tjose appear to be some unusually deep pots. Are they plasric or mica? What is your source? I have some big BCs that need deep pots until I can reduce their roots enough for shallow trays.

I have had them for years, all of the large rectangles are mica. I got them at a club auction, one of them has a Home Depot sku and barcode on it. Wouldn't it be cool if you could just run down to the Home depot and score a big mica pot? The smaller cypress is in a round mica pot that I got off of the FB auction page and the other smaller one is potted up in a Dollar Tree oil drain pan.

Top Bottom