Prostrata Juniper 1st styling.

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
I bought this tree in Oct. 2015.

This is the 2nd tree I purchased from Henry Haros of Arizona.

March 2016 repot into Akadama, pumice, lava.

December 2017 first wire & style.

This is the second tree I have wired/styled in my young Bonsai journey.

I have a lot to learn and I appreciate what the tree has given me. Lots learned, and even more to learn.

Now to continue to refine structure & foliage.

Would like to have this tree in a training pot soon.

A few before and after photos.

FB_IMG_1511274441462~2.jpg received_10201153022863802.jpeg received_10201113120266262.jpeg
Today
IMG_20171205_110001444_1512504985664.png

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Nice tree!

Can you take an update with a uniform back drop like a white/grey or black wall? Kjndnof hard to picture the overall image with such a busy background

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
Nice....

The work, even if only the second time...
Fully deserves a good photo!

Especially.....when the work is by a guy who pays attention!

Sorce
I'll take Proper photo today

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here is a better photo. Lots to develop on the tree over the years to come.

@sorce View attachment 170320

Nice! Great example of the difference a good photo makes. The garage pic looks like you tried really hard and probably did an ok job of it. Now we can easily see a great powerful tree in the makings. Not just the background either, angle is everything as well. Looks like it will develop into something really impressive to me.

I'm thinking that now that you've taken it this far it's a really good time to be looking closely at the interior structure looking for anything you think you can improve ( movement, bends, placement). You know, thicker main branches close to the trunk kind of thing. I don't mean to do it now necessarily, could just be planning for the start of next round. Obviously really fine detail work will come in time and you've just finished working the stuff I'm talking about plus more.

I think that often once that is done and the image you've been visualizing is actually sitting in front of you it is beneficial to backtrack a bit and it might be easier to find those subtle interior changes that will improve the tree that much more. I know you have access to good teachers, I'm sure they will be impressed and I'd be curious to hear the feedback and suggestions you get from the pros.

Last edited:

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
Nice! Great example of the difference a good photo makes. The garage pic looks like you tried really hard and probably did an ok job of it. Now we can easily see a great powerful tree in the makings. Not just the background either, angle is everything as well. Looks like it will develop into something really impressive to me.

I'm thinking that now that you've taken it this far it's a really good time to be looking closely at the interior structure looking for anything you think you can improve ( movement, bends, placement). You know, thicker main branches close to the trunk kind of thing. I don't mean to do it now necessarily, could just be planning for the start of next round. Obviously really fine detail work will come in time and you've just finished working the stuff I'm talking about plus more.

I think that often once that is done and the image you've been visualizing is actually sitting in front of you it is beneficial to backtrack a bit and it might be easier to find those subtle interior changes that will improve the tree that much more. I know you have access to good teachers, I'm sure they will be impressed and I'd be curious to hear the feedback and suggestions you get from the pros.
This is where the magic of Bonsai happens! I am excited to develop a tree from first styling to a developed bonsai.

This tree I will take to Peter Tea in March!

Top Bottom