Really root bound maple

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
the roots fully occupied the air basket when I got this. this pot was full of fine feeder roots. I downsized the pot not because it was compacted but because I wanted to get it into a more managable pot. usually the only work i do initially is uncovering the nebari. not once was this tree barerooted, even when it went into a bonsai pot and most of the original soil and rootball was always there apart from bits sliced off around the top bottom and edges. they recover and develop much faster when you takes slices off in stages.

nuttiest

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
the roots fully occupied the air basket when I got this. this pot was full of fine feeder roots. I downsized the pot not because it was compacted but because I wanted to get it into a more managable pot. usually the only work i do initially is uncovering the nebari. not once was this tree barerooted, even when it went into a bonsai pot and most of the original soil and rootball was always there apart from bits sliced off around the top bottom and edges. they recover and develop much faster when you takes slices off in stages.

holy cow you pushed that one really hard in 2018!

Top Bottom