Road Kill/Yamadori Advice

takeme4granite

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
So, someone high centered their car on this tree in the middle of the night then left the scene of the crime... suspicious. I bet I can dig up at least some of the roots and get the trunk of this tree. Does anyone know what kind of tree it is? Do you think it may survive. The trunk is pretty thick...like 6 inches in diameter. Thought? The last picture is a tree of the same species that is right next to the road kill tree

Attachments

• IMG_5612.JPG
    IMG_5612.JPG
    233.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_5616.JPG
    IMG_5616.JPG
    463.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_5617.JPG
    IMG_5617.JPG
    445.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_5615.JPG
    IMG_5615.JPG
    370.6 KB · Views: 93

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
So, someone high centered their car on this tree in the middle of the night then left the scene of the crime... suspicious. I bet I can dig up at least some of the roots and get the trunk of this tree. Does anyone know what kind of tree it is? Do you think it may survive. The trunk is pretty thick...like 6 inches in diameter. Thought? The last picture is a tree of the same species that is right next to the road kill tree
You should have thought about that when you ran it down. Next time, be a little more discriminating.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not a redbud. Branching is wrong. Buds are wrong. Bark is wrong. I have well over 1,000 of them on 8 acres.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Depending on species, a healthy tree can withstand 1 to 2 insults (re-pot, rewire, shari/deadwood creation, hard chop etc.,) per year. This one just experienced approximately 11... all at the same time... and the first one was having a truck run over it... it's done.

Top Bottom