ROAD TRIP! Destination: New Orleans || Get your buttresses to the 2018 GNOBS auction on Saturday and pass a good time!

BillsBayou

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
What are you doing this weekend? If you don't say "I'm going to New Orleans" then it's going to be a sad weekend indeed.

Want a better weekend? New Orleans is the food capital of the South. The French Quarter is the party capital of the South. The Greater New Orleans Bonsai Society annual auction is the Can't Miss Event of the South.

The auction is August 11, 2018. THIS SATURDAY if you didn't know. Viewing begins at 4pm. The first tree goes up for auction at 6pm. The auction usually goes as late or later than 9pm.

We'll have trees in all stages of development from seedlings to show quality bonsai (there or thereabouts). Pots! We've got the pots! Pots that will be auctioned singularly and pots grouped together on the silent auction table. And books! Don't forget the many bonsai books. Probably some viewing stones, too. Maybe some stands. Damn near anything bonsai. If there aren't more than 120 items up for auction, I'll be surprised.

What really makes this auction is the GNOBS membership. This is a club with personality. We're serious bonsai artists, but we're not stuck up. We welcome people of all skill levels and interests. The auction, to me, is a party where people bid on their favored items.

So get your jins out of your nebari and head on out to New Orleans!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1476247109143734/

I almost forgot the address!!!!! 2708 Delaware Ave, Kenner, LA 70062
Kenner is on the west side of the Greater New Orleans area. We're minutes from downtown and home of the Louis Armstrong International Airport.

The meeting hall is the Marine Corps League Hall. It's very close to the William's Blvd exit of I-10, Exit 223
Take the William's Blvd exit, head south. The first light is Veterans Blvd. Go one block past Veterans and turn right. Go to the end of the block, and you're there!

Here's the site in Google Maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...3f0be845dde8be!8m2!3d30.0055801!4d-90.2423142

Last edited:

BillsBayou

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
If anyone is looking for me, I'll be one of the runners moving trees up to auction and out to the Sold Room. I'll be the guy with a Gambler's goatee and an ice cold bottle of ale.

Top Bottom