USDA Zone
9b

hemmy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
How do you know this is what he use? just curious
They haven’t been on this site since Jan ‘21.

Mirai has at least one video and multiple podcasts talking about the use of beneficial nematodes for control of root aphids.

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Using Imidacloprid for Root Aphids
This insecticide, also known as dinotefuran, is highly recommended to eradicate pests. When sprayed, the chemicals will come to the roots. Because root aphids live by absorbing nourishment in that part, the use of this substance will be effective.Aug 15, 2020

hemmy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
This insecticide, also known as dinotefuran, is highly recommended to eradicate pests.
What brand name do you buy of Dinotefuran as a liquid? They all seem pretty pricey.

I have granular 2% Dinotefuran from Ortho. Root aphids and root mealybug are not listed under insects controlled. Root weevils are but only their larvae stage feeds on roots and the adult is above ground. The Dinotefuran seems to work on the tiny white scale on juniper and cypress but it takes time to uptake in the granular form. The spray seems like it would be more effective if adsorbed by the foliage. But again, it appears to cost prohibitive as a liquid (for me).

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
What brand name do you buy of Dinotefuran as a liquid? They all seem pretty pricey.

I have granular 2% Dinotefuran from Ortho. Root aphids and root mealybug are not listed under insects controlled. Root weevils are but only their larvae stage feeds on roots and the adult is above ground. The Dinotefuran seems to work on the tiny white scale on juniper and cypress but it takes time to uptake in the granular form. The spray seems like it would be more effective if adsorbed by the foliage. But again, it appears to cost prohibitive as a liquid (for me).
I use the Bayer Tree and Shrub granules.
I get flak for using imidicloprid but it works like nothing else I have ever used.

I have been using it for about 4+ years now and have not gotten even ONE aphid or scale.

Besides occasional surface application, I put a small bit in my soil mix. :eek:

Top Bottom